System Sending Duplicate Confirmation Emails When Removing or Changing Appointments

I think this may have been mentioned before but not sure. But when I remove or change an appointment, it sends another confirmation to the client.

Also, I do see a way to mass remove (removed appointments) but can their be a way to mass remove appointments from the appointments screen like you can from the removed appointments screen?

As of now you have to go into each one and edit and remove from the main appointments screen.

Thanks Scott

• aecnu

Greetings Scott,

Thank you for your additional input, it is greatly appreciated.

I think this may have been mentioned before but not sure. But when I remove or change an appointment, it sends another confirmation to the client.

That makes total sense and logical to me, someone move or change an appointment on me and I am not notified ... well I am sure you understand the trouble that would/could cause.

Also, I do see a way to mass remove (removed appointments) but can their be a way to mass remove appointments from the appointments screen like you can from the removed appointments screen?

Not that I am aware of and this indeed may be a feature request. I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us or let me know if this is indeed a feature request and I will process it as such.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• scott74

I gotcha but I removed it and it sent me one saying this is to confirm your appointment on. So I am not sure what happens yet after appointments pass but when they do and you go to remove them (unless passed appt remove themselves) then that would be kinda weird getting an email reminding me of an appointment I had already been to or called and cancelled.

And there is a spot on there to manually resend a confirmation email so was not sure why it does it without that checked

http://screencast.com/t/8C5vqr8Cgd1

I redid a test and removed an appointment and just got this email

Dear 19 test,

We are pleased to confirm your parent teacher conference with Scott Heliker.

Here are the appointment details:
    Requested service: Parent Teacher Conference Date and time: October 19, 2012 12:45 PM

I will be available at the time above for your conference. Please note I may run a few minutes early or possibly a few minutes late depending on the previous appointment.

Kind regards,
    Scott Heliker

• aecnu

Greetings Scott,

Thank you so much for that additional input, it is greatly appreciated.

You are certainly correct that when removing an appointment that a confirmation should NOT be sent.

Unfortunately this is way to heavy for me to personally figure out what is going on with that email after an appointment has gone by.

Therefore I will see if I can get the lead developer and chief of this plugin @Hakan in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Hakan

Hi,

There are 2 different cases here.

1) Changing the appointment: In appointment edit area, there is a checkbox to resend the confirmation email. As Joe pointed out this is quite normal as may want to inform the client about the new appointment details. This is as default checked for a new (manual) appointment and unchecked while editing an existing appointment. So you have full control over the confirmation emails in this case.

2) Removing the appointment: This has been mentioned before, but I couldn't get a feedback yet:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/appointment-confirmations-after-changes-to-appointment

I tested this several times, but I cannot replicate it. So I believe what I wrote there is the explanation of this behavior:

There is no single line of code that sends a confirmation email when you delete an appointment.

If you do not have traffic on your website you may get the confirmation email as you enter the website and you may think that this happens at the same time when you delete an appointment. But in fact, there is a time difference.

"Duplicate emails" is another thing here and I think that is because while testing you are using the same email for service provider, admin and the client. Please note that any confirmation email sent to the client will also be bcc'ed to the provider and admin. I make my tests always with different emails, which is the real world case.

Cheers,
    Hakan

• scott74

This is fact happens for me... I logged in with a different browser making sure I was not logged in as admin and scheduled and appointment with a new email address.

I then went in and removed the appointment leaving the box unticked to send email and I still received another confirmations

As Joe pointed out this is quite normal as may want to inform the client

Yes, I would think this is perfectly normal when editing and changing the time of an appt but not sending the client a confirmation when removing it when the email does not specify it has been removed or their appointment has passed and you just want to clean up the clutter in your admin area!

As Joe pointed out

Greetings Scott,

Thank you so much for that additional input, it is greatly appreciated.

You are certainly correct that when removing an appointment that a confirmation should NOT be sent.

• Hakan

Hi,

If you manually change the status of an appointment, the confirmation email was being sent incorrectly. This is fixed as of version 1.0.8

Regarding your other question:

No, there is no mass remove function, but if appointment start time is in the past, that appointment will be automatically removed.

You may want to directly remove all appointments for a certain client and these will be handled with a filter/search function which will be added in a future release.

Cheers,
    Hakan