MarketPress: Table Rates

Is there a way to not lose all of the date entered into the table rates section when you try a a different shipping method?

Also not sure if there is a way to have a flat rate shipping for certain items and the table rate or USPS for others.

For example the majority of items I will be able to ship via USPS, a couple of items I will have available in the future will have to be shipped via truck and have a flat rate price.

Thanks in Advance!

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi @Dean Kaus

Welcome to the WPMU DEV Community and thank you for being a member!

I will flag the Developer for feedback as I am not completely sure how you would be able to achieve the results you're after.

Please allow us some time to get back to you.

Have a good day!

GinaB

• Dean Kaus
    • The Bug Hunter

I may have requested this option or someone else may have as well. I really need to have an option to bypass shipping altogether in the event the client wants to pick up their product in my store.

I think that it shouldn't be too much trouble to write in the code for an option that if you check a PICK UP box then it could bypass the shipping calculator.

Advise anyone?

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi Dean

Hope you're doing well and making progress with your site.

Just a quick note from me to say that we haven't forgotten about you. I have requested feedback from the Developer, so we should be able to revert back to you at the earliest.

I know that your membership will expire on the 6th when you go for your operation, so if you get stuck on anything, please don't hesitate to be in touch.

Thank you in advance for your patience. I will be in touch shortly.

Have a good day!

Gina

• Aaron
    • CTO

I think that it shouldn't be too much trouble to write in the code for an option that if you check a PICK UP box then it could bypass the shipping calculator.

It's possible to kind of fudge that by making the product downloadable. Adding any file, even say a pdf with pickup instructions to the product will exclude it from shipping.

Also not sure if there is a way to have a flat rate shipping for certain items and the table rate or USPS for others.

No but you can add extra shipping costs to any items. And if it was say a weight calculation you could set the weight to 0.

• Dean Kaus
    • The Bug Hunter

Hello @Aaron I wanted to follow up to see if there was any progress with the in store pick up. I know I've been out of it the last couple of weeks and may have missed if anything had been accomplished yet.

Also I don't recall if I had already asked this question or not. Is it possible to retain some of the shipping data we enter? Currently if I set shipping up as weight based and then switch over to USPS then if I switch back to weight based all of the information is gone and I have to start all over.

For me I have a couple of different seasons with my business in which 3-4 months out of the year I need weight based shipping, and the other part I need USPS or flat rate.

Thanks for following up with me

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Dean and lkraav,

Just a heads up that I anticipate that Aaron will make his way in here after his return from his vacation, estimated return 10th of July.

I will go ahead and send him a message that you folks are still awaiting a reply here.

Cheers, Joe

• Dean Kaus
    • The Bug Hunter

@aecnu Thanks for the follow up I also have another need that just popped up and not sure if I should hake it a feature request or not.

I have a need for folks to be able to purchase a large ticket item and pay a deposit. Also possibly have it broken down into payments.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Dean and lkraav,

Just touching base with you folks to let you know that we have not forgotten about you nor your queries.

@Dean Kaus if I were wanting to do what you have suggested, I have a need for folks to be able to purchase a large ticket item and pay a deposit. Also possibly have it broken down into payments.

I would use the external linking feature of Market Press to send the client for this particular product to a pre-made PayPal button hosted on PayPal's side to extract the funding and perform the payment schedule as desired.

Cheers, Joe

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Hey guys! Aaron is playing catchup and will be around shortly.

@Dean Kaus that would be a great feature request :slight_smile:

Thanks for your patience guys! Developers need vacations too! The downside is we often have alot of work for them when they return :wink:

• Dean Kaus
    • The Bug Hunter

Hello @aecnu and @Kimberly I understand that work around with the paypal button however I really need to keep everything in one place. All orders, payments, shipped or picked up items in one place so it's easy to manage.

There are many storefront programs out there (mostly in html) but I switched over the WP so that in the event something happens to me my wife will be able to maintain some sort of income without having to be a programmer.

She has basic computer and data entry skills, and has great accounting skills as well, but has used one main program that tracked all of the invoicing, billing, orders etc...

So that's what I thought that Marketpress did when I first signed up. I understand it's a work in progress and now that everyone (except aecnu) is back from vacation I hoped to see some major progress with the Marketpress Plugin.

• Aaron
    • CTO

Hey guys, I'm aware of how settings are not kept when switching between shipping modules. It's a bit of a design flaw in the shipping plugins api, something I plan to fix when I get a chance.

I have a need for folks to be able to purchase a large ticket item and pay a deposit. Also possibly have it broken down into payments.

I don't really have any ideas how you could achieve that in MarketPress currently, sorry.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.