Tables Not Created on Wordpress Install

I am at a lost and have not seen this before. When I get to the second step of the install process their are no tables created. I have root access. Not sure where to go except set it up manually. Any clues?

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi Jeff,

Does it give any error message?

Is there anything in your server error logs?

It sounds like maybe the DB User you are using might not have CREATE permissions/privileges in mysql. You should be able to check that from your CPanel database manager.

That would be the first place i'd look.

Hope this helps

• Jeff
    • Flash Drive

Not a permission problem. I switched over to using root and I also ran a test by setting up phplist with no trouble. The error log only shows table does not exist errors. It is as if the create table is not running on install.

• Jeff
    • Flash Drive

no cpanel installed. never seen this. my first thought was the permission issue but quickly got pasd that it is as if it never runs the create table statements. i assume there is a check prior but information is given.

• Jeff
    • Flash Drive

I am going to set up a separate server. Is there anywhere or anyone that could send me best configuration practices for setting up a server to run wordpress? I plan on running linux, php, mysql but no cpanel unless some advantage.

Version of Linux?
    Version of Php?
    Version of Mysql?
    Any additional apps?

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi,

Any version of linux would work, though one of the most popular is CentOS.

PHP, You can go with PHP 7, but this could give compatibilityissues depending onthe plugins you use, but don't let that put you off. I would recommend the latest PHP 5.6.x release to be more safer.

Mysql, I would go with 5.5 or greater. 5.7 is latest.

You will want Curl and mod_rewrite enabled in Apache. & PHPmyadmin would be helpfulfor DB editing and stuff.

Can't think of anything else off hand that is absolutely necessary that wouldn't alreadybe included as part of the apache/PHP install.

Hope this helps

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.