Tag Multiple Posts at Once

So, I had someone working for me who blew it in terms of post tagging. I.e., She was supposed to tag each post on my site like this: state name counseling internships

Instead, she sometimes tagged them: "state name counseling internship" (note singular)
and sometimes "state name counseling internships"

For a variety of reasons, I'd like them all to be uniform. They could either have both, or just one.

From WP-Admin, or via a plugin, or something, is anyone aware of a way to tag multiple posts at once?

Thanks!

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Ryan Neace

I'm not aware of a plugin, but you can bulk add tags from the WP-admin like so.

Navigate to your posts page.

On the left hand side where it says "Title" there is a little check box, tick that.

Then where you see the drop down box with "bulk actions" in it, click in there, choose edit and click "apply" Then you'll see a box where you can add tags, make sure to put a comma, in between tags to separate them.

Let me know if that resolves the issue :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack (Coding-Monkey).

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

hi @Ryan Neace

thanks for posting on the forum

Using the Bulk Actions drop-down menu at the top of the Edit Posts list, you can bulk edit several posts at a time. To do that, select several posts from the list using the checkboxes on the left. Then select Edit from the Bulk Actions drop-down menu and click the Apply button. You will see options that can be applied to all of the selected posts.

this may get cumbersome if you want to do many at a time.

there's a plugin called simple tags, which allows this, it's for 3.3.2 though, but some people say it works fine on 3.5.1, however I have not tested it myself or ever used it. maybe you could try it out & report back to us if it works for you or not.

hope this helps

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi @Vaughan and @Ryan Neace

I've used Simple tags on version 3.5.1 and it didn't work correctly for me, didn't break anything just didn't work, but use caution when using a plugin that isn't up to date with the latest version of WordPress, always create a backup.

The site I tried it on, did have a lot of plugins (19), so it may have been a conflict, but it wasn't a big deal for me, so I just deleted it and done it the bulk edit way.

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack (Coding-Monkey).

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.