Tags and categories aren't linking over the network

I want to have a list of product categories on my front page (in the sidebar) that shows the products from different sites in the network I'm building, organized by category (or tag, whatever works). So far it is not working outside of the individual shops. Any ideas? I made sample product pages with tags and they aren't showing up: http://drawnmkt.com/shop/products/tag/zines/

• Vaughan

Hi @Hannah,

Are you using the Global shortcodes?

I'm not so sure you can list various site categories on a page in order like you request. This would take some custom query/coding in the templates.

Global Products List [mp_list_global_products] - Displays a network-wide list of products according to preference.
    Optional Attributes:
    "paginate" - Whether to paginate the product list. This is useful to only show a subset. Default: 1
    "page" - How many products to display in the product list if "paginate" is set to true. Default: 20
    "per_page" - How many products to display in the product list if "paginate" is set to 1.
    "order_by" - What field to order products by. Can be: date, title, price, sales, rand. Default: date
    "order" - Direction to order products by. Can be: DESC, ASC. Default: DESC
    "category" - Limits list to a specific product category. Use the category Slug
    "tag" - Limits list to a specific product tag. Use the tag Slug
    "show_thumbnail" - Whether to show the product thumbnail. Default: 1
    "thumbnail_size" - Max thumbnail width/height. Default: 150
    "show_price" - Whether to show the product price. Default: 1
    "text" - Choose "excerpt", "content", or "none". Default: excerpt
    "as_list" - Whether to show as an unordered list. Default: 0
    Example: [mp_list_global_products paginate="1" page="0" per_page="10" order_by="price" order="DESC" category="downloads"]
    You may also use the mp_list_global_products() template function in your theme with the same arguments.
    Global Tag Cloud [mp_global_tag_cloud] - Displays global most used product tags in cloud format from network MarketPress stores.
    Optional Attributes:
    "limit" - Maximum amount of tags to display. Default: 45
    "seperator" - String to seperate tags by, like a comma, etc.
    "include" - What to show, "tags", "categories", or "both". Default: "both"
    Example: [mp_global_tag_cloud limit="55" seperator=", "]
    You may also use the mp_global_tag_cloud() template function in your theme with the same arguments.
    Global Categories List [mp_global_categories_list] - Displays a network-wide HTML list of product categories according to preference.
    Optional Attributes:
    "limit" - Text to display for showing all categories. Default: 50
    "order_by" - What column to use for ordering the categories. "count" or "name". Default: count
    "order" - Direction to order products by. Can be: DESC, ASC. Default: DESC
    "show_count" - Whether to show how many posts are in the category. Default: 0
    "include" - What to show, "tags", "categories", or "both".
    Example: [mp_global_categories_list limit="30" order_by="name" order="ASC" show_count="1" include="both"]
    You may also use the mp_global_categories_list() template function in your theme with the same arguments.

There's a theme customizing txt file inside the plugins/marketpress/marketpress-includes/themes/ folder which might you a better idea.

Hope this helps

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.