Tags Feed

Hi Guys and Gals,

Hoping I can get some guidance on this. Currently I have gone back to basics and started with the Buddypress Theme. and have started to load the many different features that will make this a powerful site. The test site is http://www.eyecandyvi.com/wpmu.

I think Aaron may have mis-understood what I was trying to get accomplished the other day so I apologize if I wasn't clear in my explanation. What I wanted was a way to pull all posts from sub-blogs into the main site so I started searching and found WordPress MU Sitewide Tags Pages by Donncha O Caoimh. If you go to the test site it is pulling in those feeds from one test blog on the main page which is very cool.

In amongst the many plugins you provide on this site are various elements which I cannot figure out that will do the exact same thing. I like that I can pull images, video etc., into the main page so which plugin that is supported by you guys would I use to accomplish the exact same thing? and can I use the other buddypress enabled themes like Daily to display the posts on the main page? (I ask because I tried and couldn't find the code to get it on the main page).

Any help would be much appreciated.

Robert

• Robert

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the quick response.

However, it's generally not a good idea to duplicate content from the same site like that.

What do you mean?

Is that a no no in the blogging world?

Just to explain what we are doing and maybe you can put your input in, we have a group of clients that a) want a website, b) want to communicate with their potential and existing client base and c) be community driven. They are all paying "advertising" dollars to post so they want to ensure their posts show up on the main page of the main site. They potentially see a problem with just having the activity tab that as the site grows they will get lost in the fold.

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks,

Robert