Tags not getting added when processing automatically or manually

I have recently installed Autoblog and for a few days tags were showing up ok.

Today, no tags show or get added to the database whether processing is automatic or manual. As far as I know, I have made no changes that would have caused this.

The setup is configured to "Treat feed categories as" tags.
"Add any that do not exist" is unchecked.

I am using Autoblog 3.5.1, with Wordpress 3.2.1 on a single site install.

• iplay
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

> So, all the post content information is being pulled in, just not the tags?

Yes, exactly.

And tags were being pulled in too when I first set it up.

> Can we confirm the tags exist on the original feed?

Yes, they do.

> Anything in the php error logs by chance?

nope

Thanks...

• iplay
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks Barry. Have updated to 3.5.2 and processed one feed manually as a test. The initial result is positive and tags are getting added.

Let's wait a few days for the system to process automatically and see what happens then.

I will keep you informed.

Thanks again.

PS: Is there any limit on the number of feeds Autoblog can handle? Would 500 feeds cause a problem?

• iplay
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

In addition, now that several feeds have been processed automatically, it seems the system is not picking up the tags again. It is set to convert categories to tags.

This is the same behavior as when first installed: ie, for the first few times of processing (manually or automatically) it worked, after which it stopped getting the tags (converted from cats).

Debug mode is Enabled and reports:
    No debug logs are available, either you have not processed a feed or everything is running smoothly.

• iplay
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

After updating to 3.5.3 the Add Feed and Edit Feed screens are now showing ok.

There is indeed something in the php logs but it's double Dutch to me. Can you advise please?

[03-Aug-2011 08:13:30] WordPress database error You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE site_id = 0 AND meta_key LIKE 'autoblog_log_%' ORDER BY meta_id DESC LIMIT' at line 1 for query SELECT meta_id FROM WHERE site_id = 0 AND meta_key LIKE 'autoblog_log_%' ORDER BY meta_id DESC LIMIT 25, 100 made by do_action, call_user_func_array, autoblogpremium->handle_dash_page, do_action, call_user_func_array, autoblogpremium->dashboard_debug

[03-Aug-2011 08:14:30] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_blog_option() in /home/.sites/123/site8/web/wp-content/plugins/autoblog/autoblogincludes/classes/autoblogadmin.php on line 644

[03-Aug-2011 08:14:41] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_blog_option() in /home/.sites/123/site8/web/wp-content/plugins/autoblog/autoblogincludes/classes/autoblogadmin.php on line 1075

[03-Aug-2011 18:28:42] PHP Warning: include(routines/processMessage.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/.sites/234/site2/web/admin/orders_process.php on line 12

[03-Aug-2011 18:28:42] PHP Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'routines/processMessage.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:disappointed:home/php/lib/pear') in /home/.sites/234/site2/web/admin/orders_process.php on line 12

[03-Aug-2011 19:09:44] WordPress database error You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE site_id = 0 AND meta_key LIKE 'autoblog_log_%' ORDER BY meta_id DESC LIMIT' at line 1 for query SELECT * FROM WHERE site_id = 0 AND meta_key LIKE 'autoblog_log_%' ORDER BY meta_id DESC LIMIT 0, 25 made by do_action, call_user_func_array, autoblogpremium->handle_dash_page, do_action, call_user_func_array, autoblogpremium->dashboard_debug

[03-Aug-2011 19:09:44] WordPress database error You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE site_id = 0 AND meta_key LIKE 'autoblog_log_%' ORDER BY meta_id DESC LIMIT' at line 1 for query SELECT meta_id FROM WHERE site_id = 0 AND meta_key LIKE 'autoblog_log_%' ORDER BY meta_id DESC LIMIT 25, 100 made by do_action, call_user_func_array, autoblogpremium->handle_dash_page, do_action, call_user_func_array, autoblogpremium->dashboard_debug

[04-Aug-2011 03:51:44] PHP Fatal error: Unknown: Failed opening required '/home/phpmyadmin/scripts/setup.php' (include_path='.:disappointed:home/php/lib/pear') in Unknown on line 0

[04-Aug-2011 06:38:04] WordPress database error You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE site_id = 0 AND meta_key LIKE 'autoblog_log_%' ORDER BY meta_id DESC LIMIT' at line 1 for query SELECT * FROM WHERE site_id = 0 AND meta_key LIKE 'autoblog_log_%' ORDER BY meta_id DESC LIMIT 0, 25 made by do_action, call_user_func_array, autoblogpremium->handle_dash_page, do_action, call_user_func_array, autoblogpremium->dashboard_debug

[04-Aug-2011 06:38:04] WordPress database error You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE site_id = 0 AND meta_key LIKE 'autoblog_log_%' ORDER BY meta_id DESC LIMIT' at line 1 for query SELECT meta_id FROM WHERE site_id = 0 AND meta_key LIKE 'autoblog_log_%' ORDER BY meta_id DESC LIMIT 25, 100 made by do_action, call_user_func_array, autoblogpremium->handle_dash_page, do_action, call_user_func_array, autoblogpremium->dashboard_debug

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

We're looking into a possible solution here and I'm wondering if you can test something for us. Try setting Dashboard > General settings of your WordPress install to UTC-0 (if it isn't already) and see if the feeds process correctly.

Let us know. Thank you!

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

iplay, UTC+0 is correct. If it's already set to that, then your issue isn't related to what we are exploring in another thread.

Can you post a screenshot of your settings for the category/tag conversion from within autoblog? I'm gonna try to recreate this on my own setup and see if I can work backwards from there.

Thanks!

• iplay
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Basically, yes.

But when setting up I played around with some of them and sometimes had the "Set the date for new posts" as "Imported date". The excerpt length was originally 50 words (now all are 35). The nofollow was not checked originally. "Process this feed" was set experimentally at 5 hours on some feeds. On a few early feeds I set the ending date to 2020.

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi all - Grab the latest - released yesterday and the try some of the debugging we've been doing on the sticky thread at the top of the forum - we're narrowing down some sneaky bugs one by one, but I've added quite a few configuration options to the latest version which should get most people working.

@iplay, can you try adding a single tag to the "Add these tags" entry and see if that kicks the other tags into importing again?

• iplay
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks Barry and masonjames

@masonjames - I have just upgraded to 3.5.4 thanks.

@Barry - After upgrading to 3.5.4 I have added a single tag to one feed (unless you want me to do it on all 50 feeds??). This feed updates quite often so we should see the effect soonish.

HOWEVER! After making that change, I notice that that particular feed has disappeared from the Auto Blog Feeds screen. It is no longer listed, even after refreshing etc. The same goes for one other feed that I made a minor adjustment to.

At the same time, both feeds remain in the database and a screenshot of that is attached. The feed I added the tag to is "Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites" and the other feed I modified slightly is "TEFLtastic with Alex Case".

One thing I notice - in the database all feeds have site_id as "0" and all feeds (except the two I just modified) have blog_id as "0". Does this point to something?

Thanks...

• iplay
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

After adding a single tag to one feed as you requested, the problem persists.

Also, after making that change, that particular feed disappeared from the Auto Blog Feeds screen and has not reappeared.

Is there any progress on this please?

Thank you.

• iplay
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Is there any solution yet to this please? Does Autoblog actually work as advertised?

I am prepared to do a complete reinstall from scratch but the lack of response here is giving me some cause for concern about the product and WPMU.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya iplay,

I believe it is the site_id and blog_id need to be '1' instead of '0'.

Can you test changing this in one column of the wp_autoblog table and see if that feed then is fixed?

If so, you can run a simple find and replace in phpMyAdmin to change them all in one go.

Thanks!

• iplay
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I changed both to 1 and the feed disappeared from the Autoblog "Edit feed" screen.

I changed both to 0 and then the feed showed.

I made one minor edit to the feed and two things happened:
    1. it disappeared from the "Edit feeds" screen
    2. blog_id changed to 1 (site_id stayed at 0)

There doesn't seem to be much point trying to fix the other issue (categories/tags not showing) when the feeds themselves keep disappearing.

Do you think I should do a completely new install?

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya iplay,

I apologize that this is still an issue for you. Our developer for this plugin has been without internet for a couple days (or it's been a bit of a dodgy connection). I've asked him to come by here with a suggestion as soon as he can. There does seem to be an issue with single-site installs at the moment.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.