Takes to long to smush an image

Hi
I have run smush through all my images and it has skipped some. I have gone into my media library and selected the images individuality but it still does not work. Any ideas?

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey Matthew,

Hope you're doing well today

I had a look at your site and I actually noticed that your site backend generally has some loading issues and takes quite some time to navigate the site so that might be affecting smush process as well.

Optimization with Smush works in a way where your images are sent to our servers where optimization is performed and then optimized images are sent back to your site and new optimized images replace your current ones.

You're images are quite large themselves, over 2MB some that I checked, and if you combine that with general site performance you can experience longer time for image optimization.

So, the process is working properly and your images are getting smushed, I tested this as well and smushed around 5-10% of your images that were unsmushed, but the time it takes them to be optimized may take a bit longer.

Hope this clears things up a bit and if you have any followup questions please let us know.

Best regards,
    Predrag