Talent directory - is it possible?

Hi guys, I wonder if either wordpress or buddypress coupled with any of your mods/themes is capable in achieving this.

I am looking at creating a site that showcases talent. In short I want to allow a platform for talented people to join (either monthly paid subscription or free with limitaitons), choose their area of talent (I.E. singer, actor, dancer etc) and allow them to upload images/videos/music etc.

The nearest site I know that offers such a service is http://www.starnow.com – I want to aim towards that kind of set up.

I guess my question is do any of your mods allow for this kind of site running on wordpress/buddypress?

I know that Joomla allows such think when matched with jomsocial and profile types mod but was hoping you guys offer something similar at all?

Thanks
Tony

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hello tonymilo,

There are a few media plugins for BuddyPress that seem to provide features that would help to make that one happen but it seems there would still be a lot of customization to get it to work exactly like that.

Ultimately, I don't know of any of our plugins that achieve specifically that. Perhaps the Directory plugin could be tinkered with to get it to work something like the directory portion of that site, but it might be easier to build something from scratch instead.

I'll take a look into a few things though, and see if I can find something more useful to that effect.

Cheers,
    David

• Moonworks
    • Code Wrangler

I would suggest using CustomPress. I am a CustomPress junkie once I 'got it', but it opens up so many avenues for you to do this type of thing.

If you got it sorted, maybe you could create a site that entertainment agencies could use. From experience (I run a karaoke), entertainment agency sites are terrible and they could do with a facelift.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.