Tanslating bp social theme intro?

Hi there,

I’m translating the bp social theme with wpml plugin and It’s all done except the intro text that I can’t translate.Wpml crew told me that I need to this:

The strings that are part of the options that the plugins or themes save in the wp_options table.

When themes and plugins use get_option, they read values from the wp_options table. WPML can filter these calls and provide translation to the values of these options.

For this you can create a language configuration file, which tells WPML which Admin texts you want to translate.

So I would like to know what is the option for the text intro.Because I have no clue.

Thank you

• francois_lachance
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello There,

I’m having a difficult time to translate the bp social theme intro.I read about the language configuration file,but I don’t understand .

http://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/

and than the staff at wpml told me to paste this code in the footer

Put this code at the bottom of your footer template

<p>start copying from here</p>

<?php print_r(get_option('key_name'));?>

Go to the front end of your website and copy and post the output here from where it says “start copying from here”

Replace the key_name with the actual name used by your theme.

I did but all it did was the text appear in both language in the footer.I also try to put the code the theme option box not more success there.I don’t know what to do.If you had a similar topic before could you pass me the link,or if you know what to do it would be appreciated.

Take care

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

Greetings and thanks for being a great community member.

We haven’t heard from you on this one for long and I am doing a regular followup to see if there is still something we can assist you on this thread.

Just to manage the support issues more efficiently, I am marking this thread as resolved for now however this is not being done to avoid your questions in any way.

Please feel free to mark this is “Not resolved” in case you have further questions and we would be back on it.

Thanks a lot for being with WPMU DEV.

Cheers!

Tom

Sales &Support

Did you know we offer FREE lifetime memberships? Click here to learn more.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.