Tax free invoice with VAT in Marketpress

How do I buy taxfree with VAT code and set invoice numbers sequential in marketpress?
Here is what I need:
If anyone enters VAT in an order, we should be able to issue a tax free invoice in EU and also according to financial law we need sequential invoice numbers. How do I do this?

• James Morris

Hello Rob

I spoke with the Lead Developer on this project. He said the above is possible with the following filters, but the amount of code required to achieve this goes beyond normal support and would be classified as a custom code job.

However, if you wish to custom code a solution for this, these filters should help:

For your VAT requirements, you can use mp/cacled_taxes filter.

For your order ID requirements, you can use the mp_order_id filter.

These would be good features to have in MarketPress, so I'll go ahead and also flag this for our Features & Feedback forum to see if others will support the idea.

Please keep in mind that features are added on a popularity basis. The more members asking for it, the more likely it will make production.

Best regards,

James Morris

• Rob

Hi James,

thank you for suggesting these options - indeed I'd very much like to stay on WPMU plugins also for our all new the new shop. If you ask why, cause I like the support you guys offer!

So how can we move to create a quote for custom code? (I can't wait until others send enough points for these features - more or less I even understand it should be state of the art for a modern online shop system, but thats my opinion only.

How to get things move now?
    thx, Rob

• James Morris

Hello Rob

I apologize if I was unclear. Our Dev Team doesn't perform custom code jobs; however, we have setup the Jobs & Pros board here where fellow members of the community who are programmers (there's actually quite a few :wink: ) can bid on this job for you. Please keep in mind that these Pros are not employed by WPMU DEV, but are fellow members.

I've moved this thread into the Features & Feedback section so other members can vote on it. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

James Morris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.