Taxamo & MarketPress

Hi guys,

I've had Taxamo working well on a membership site, but it seems, despite talk almost two years ago, MarketPress on its own doesn't support Taxamo. So we cannot produce correct VAT invoices for EU customers. Since I don't want to go down the custom cart route and use their Taxamo Checkout javascript, can you tell me if this is something that is actually going to happen?

Thanks,
Arthur

• Arthur

Hi Patrick,

As I say, I don't want to learn how to do it myself or pay someone to do it at this stage when calculating tax is a very basic requirement for any ecommerce site.

I have installed Woocommerce (sorry, but I need simple options!), and it does successfully calculate VAT and offers more flexible products - I am replacing a six day autoresponder with a store product with multiple downloads, which I can only do with a zip file in MarketPress.

Unfortunately, the shop page doesn't seem to work and I note that the CoursePress theme, which I love for its slick simplicity, "does not declare WooCommerce support". Is this something you can help me with, since I'm not actually moving to the competition (I'll still be a member of WPMU Dev!), just using a plugin that works where yours doesn't...?

Thanks,
    Arthur

• Arthur

Update: it's a permalink issue, not a theme issue, I think. I have deactivated MarketPress and WooCommerce has appeared in its place within CoursePress, which is nice of it :slight_smile:

Having played around a bit further, I discovered the product permalink options, which on saving their standard settings successfully brought up the list of products on the shop page.

So it looks like this may work while MarketPress is improved, which I hope it is soon, as I far prefer to have all my plugins in the same barn, as it were!

I'll keep you posted and if it would be useful for anyone else can try to reproduce how to make this whole setup work.

Best,
    Arthur

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.