taxonomy mix ups

Im having a strange dashboard issue with posts after installing the latest directory plugin. The problem is that all posts (regular posts, properties for sale and business directory) are all showing up in the listings section of my dashboard, also when I create a new listing, all the fields from the real estate theme "add property" show up on the page. I posted in the Templatic support forums and this is what they told me:

I have just looked into your site and noticed that not only your default posts but your pages are also coming up under Listing taxonomy.

Somehow, it is displaying all the data from your posts table. There must be a way in the plugin to display only listings which are posted under listing post type. Right now it is displaying post data from all post types except property which is a custom taxonomy created in the theme.

any suggestion on how I can troubleshoot this and get the correct directory listings only to show in the listings section of the dashboard as well as not have the real Estate theme entry fields to not show up when creating a new Directory listing?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings neuroticartist,

It is my opinion that both are sharing custom post types and that custom press which installs with Directory has got them all together, though this is just my theory of course.

Can I please have a screen shot of the anomalies so I have something to present to the lead developer if it is indeed necessary to get him in here on this. Also a screen shot of your custom press settings.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• neuroticartist
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Ive read up some on Custom Press but am still not fimiliar with it and how it relates to the Directory structure.

It looks like I need to correct my original post, it seems that only the pages and posts that are NOT under the "Property" taxonomy show up in my Listings section. So it has to do with regular post and pages.

While it doesn't show my Real Estate theme listings in the Directory listings, it does show the entry fields from that taxonomy in the add new or edit listing pages in the dashboards.

Screenshots attached. let me know, I can POM you with admin and ftp login info you needed.

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

On your CustomPress Settings page you have ALL the postypes checked to display on your Home, Front, Archive and Search pages. So they all show.

Click default on all of those and you'll have the normal setup. Or only enable the ones you want to on a given page type.

• neuroticartist
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

thanks Arnold, I set all of them to "default" and that did do the trick for the other posts appearing in the Listings in my dashboard, but I still have the input fields for the Real Estate section appearing on my "add new" listings in the dashboard. See image directory_-_add_new_listing.jpg attachment above.

Any thoughts on how I can deal with that?

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

Note that the For Sale etc are in a separate Meta Box and it's not something that Directory is displaying. That's put there by the Theme you're using.

Go View the Add Listing Page and you'll see they don't affect the listing input on the Front end.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.