Taxonomy Widgets

i would like to place so widgets for the custom Taxonomy create with CustomPress and i can not find a way to do it. can you please point me in the proper direction.

i have a way of creating a custom side bare for the new type but i can not get all retentive content in the widget area.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

To display a custom taxonomy in a sidebar widget isn't something that CustomPress can do by default.

I'd recommend either creating a custom query in the theme template for that particular taxonomy or possibly use the do_shortcode to use one of the CustomPress filters (which you'd still have to put into a widget).

You can find more on the custompress shotcodes on the Shortcodes tab under CustomPress>Content Types. Here's what we have:

Used to restrict the list of fields returned depending on the categories of the post. Multiple

[ct_filter] shortcodes may be added to a [custom_field_input] or [custom_field_block] shortcode.
    [ct_filter terms="cat1, cat2,.."] _ct_selectbox_4cf582bd61fa4, _ct_text_4cfeb3eac6f1f,... [/ct_filter]

terms= Comma separated category list to filter on. Categories not associated with the post type of the current post will be ignored.

The comma separated list of fields between the opening and closing tags will be returned if the categories match. Fields not associated with the post type of the current post will be ignored.

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

Hiya, just going through some of the older threads here.

As it's been a little while since we last heard from you I thought I'd check in to see how you're going?

If you're still looking for some further assistance with this thread then please feel free to reopen the thread or of course for any new and related issues you are most welcome to open a new thread.

Cheers!
    Tom

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.