TCPDF ERROR: [Image] - for PRO SITES receipt.PDF

Dear WPMU DEV Team,

PROBLEM
When my users are logged into their PRO SITES account and request to
"Email a receipt copy for your last payment to: [email address] (change)"
they receive an TCPDF ERROR: [Image]

TROUBLESHOOTING
Searched in Pro Sites / Settings for area to modify invoice settings but was not able to find any

QUESTIONS
Would you please be so kind to share how to solve the TCPDF ERROR ?

Thank you so much
Cherie

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Cherie,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Did you setup any images on "Pro Sites" -> "Payment Gateways" -> [Selected gateway] page? For PayPal there is a "PayPal Header Image" option where you put a link to the custom image that will be used on payment page. If there's an image specified please make sure that it's available and it's in .jpg format (preferably).

If this is not the case, could you please grant me an access to your site via our WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin? This is described here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Would you mind if I temporarily switch the payment gateway to my own sandbox details while testing? I would bring back your current settings after that.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Cherie

Hello Adam,

Thank you for your quick help.

ACTION TAKEN
    1. PayPal Gateway was properly set, but with a GIF image.
    2. Replaced GIF with JPG, but I receive still the error.

WPMU DEV SUPPORT ACCESS
    A few minutes ago I have granted WPMU DEV access and would be grateful if you would be so kind to look into this matter.

- Would you please handle the MU with care as I have paying customers on this MU network.
    - Please feel free to use PAYPAL SANDBOX and thank you for resetting to PAYPAL LIVE settings after testing.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________

ADDITIONAL QUESTION
    Since you will be logged into my network I was wondering if you could possibly also help me out with a PayPal error or if you prefered that I open another ticket for the following issue:

PROBLEM
    I have two clients who wanted to sign up on my network and process their payment via Paypal but they keep on receiving a message from PayPal saying that they are "unable to process the payment at the moment. Try again later"

PRE-REQUISITES
    1. I have a Business Account with PayPal in the United Arab Emirates
    2. I would like to use PayPal Express and configured Pro Sites settings accordingly (in my opinion)

TROUBLE SHOOTING
    1. Double checked if PayPal API Credentials are correct. Status: confirmed
    2. Double checked if IPN is set correctly. Status: confirmed
    3. Will contact PayPal to find out if this issue is caused by PayPal. Status: open
    4. Send inquiry to WPMU DEV. Status: open

I thank you already in advance for your kind help and send
    warm regards
    Cherie

• Cherie

Hello Adam,
    my sincere apologies, my clients have called PayPal and are now trying to process their payment - for that reason I have to "REVOKE" the granted access temporarily.

I will re-instate the access as quickly as this PayPal payment process is completed and share an update about the payment process with you.

Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconveniences caused.
    With kind regards
    Cherie

• Cherie

UPDATE - TROUBLESHOOTING

A ) PAYPAL

1. Today I spoke with PayPal and received the confirmation that
    my PayPal account has green lights in all areas.

2. My clients spoke with PayPal and received the confirmation that
    their PayPal account has green lights in all areas.

2 a They tried - together with PayPal on the telephone line -
    to complete the payment on the check out page "pro-site" (unsuccessful)

2 b Client transferred the amount due via Giropay to his PayPal account
    and tried to process PayPal payment again (unsuccessful)

I run out of trouble shooting ideas and am grateful for any suggestion you might have.

B ) WPMU DEV ACCESS
    is now active again

Thank you so much for being there !!!
    Cherie

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Cherie!

The PDF issue seems to be vary rare and most of the possible reasons are related to server/site configuration. Since you already checked on possible cause let's please check next two:

1. Make sure that cURL is enabled, allowed and properly setup on your server; cURL is a PHP extensions used to fetch data over the web and is used by TCPDF library; you may need to ask yiou host about this

2. Access your WordPress install via FTP or CPanel "File Manager" and go to this folder:

/wp-content/plugins/pro-sites/pro-sites-files/ tcpdf/

and check permissions set for "cache" folder located there. If it's anything "lower" than 755 try set to 755 or even 777 (meaning "read+write+execute for all") and if this helps we'll then try to "harden" it a bit for security reasons.

Keep me updated on this please.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Milan

Hello Cherie

Hope you are well today and won't mind me chiming in this conversation. :slight_smile:

Could you please take down quick plugin conflict here ? I can see that it is missing from troubleshottings we conducted till now ?

You can know more about plugin conflict test from this manual :slight_smile:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Just scroll down above page a bit to view flowchart where we have given all the instructions about plugin conflict test. :slight_smile:

Look forward to hearing back.!
    Best Regards,
    Milan

• Cherie

Hello Milan,

You are always very welcome to chime in; I am very grateful for your help! I thank you for your recommendations which I followed with the following results:

TEST PLUGINS CONFLICTS
    =======================
    1. NETWORK ADMIN / PLUGINS
    - network deactivated all ACTIVE PLUGINS (=10 WMPU Dev plugins)
    - then network activated WPMU DEV PRO SITES again
    - then network activated WPMU DEV DOMAIN MAPPING again

2. PLUGINS ON SITES
    - De-activated all plugins on other sub sites

3. TESTING
    - tested with different accounts to send PDF invoice
    - tested with and without PayPal Header Image ( NETWORK ADMIN / ProSites / Payment Gateways / PayPal Express / Pro / PayPal Header Image )
    - tested with old version of theme (please see below)
    - still TCPDF error

TEST THEME CONFLICTS
    =====================
    4. NETWORK ADMIN / THEMES
    - had 2 versions of the same premium theme (kindly note that PDF invoices worked last year with the old version of the theme)
    - replaced old versions on sites with updated version of premium theme
    - deleted old version

5. MAIN SITE (first site in network)
    - reset new theme to TwentySixteen to make sure that theme does not create any conflict

6. TESTING
    - tested with different accounts to send PDF invoice
    - tested with and without PayPal Header Image ( NETWORK ADMIN / ProSites / Payment Gateways / PayPal Express / Pro / PayPal Header Image )
    - tested with old version of theme (please see below)
    - still TCPDF error

So sorry that I do not have better news for you. Would you please share with me if there is anything else I could test?

I thank you so much for your patience and great help so far and send

warm regards
    Cherie

• Milan

Hello Cherie

Sorry for this much delay but you know, our system is based on reply time queue. If you post too many replies one after one without waiting for Staff's reply, it'll push your thread down in the queue. I guess you might have not knowing about this. Please keep this in mind now on wards so we can maintain very short time distance between our replies. :slight_smile:

Now as your site is on live PayPal account, I am not able to conduct full test for TCPDF error. Do you mind switched it back to Sandbox for testing only ? or its not possible for you as its live site ?

Let me know your inputs please. :slight_smile:
    Kind Regards,
    Milan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.