Team Fundraising

Hi!

I'm wondering if anyone has any direction for me to setup this plugin to allow my client to create teams and have those teams be able to fundraise money. Just like how they do it for "run for hope" and those platforms. She wants to allow people to get more involved in the fundraising process.

If anyone knows of another plugin that allows this, please let me know!

thank you!

• Nastia

Hello Julien Kos

I hope you are doing well today!

I am not familiar how RunForHope works. I've checked their site and it is not very clear to me. It seems like they are using another site for fundraising.

The Fundraising plugin functionality is close to the Kickstarter site.

My client to create teams and have those teams be able to fundraise money.

You can try to use the BuddyPress plugin, this will allow for your users to create and join groups.

Would you please let me know if you need to allow to these teams to create a fundraising campaign? And please let us know how these groups supposed to work?

Please advise,

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Julien Kos

Hi Nastia,

Yes, after the groups are created then each group should have a fundraising campaign associated with it. It would be great if they were able to do it themselves, but if not then at the least be able to display their group/team on a page with a donate button and maybe like a total donations so people can view the donations, there could also be a goal of donations. Let me know if that is possible after setting up BuddyPress with the Fundraising plugin.

• Nastia

Hello Julien Kos

I hope all is well!

With the Fundraising plugin you can change user permissions and grant access to any user-role to:
    - Add and manage users's fundraisers
    - Manage all fundraisers
    - Manage pledges
    - And even edit plugin's settings

Navigate from your dashboard to Fundraising > Settings > Permission tab

Once you set the permissions to Suvscriber user role, all user will be able to manage the Fundraising campaigns.

there could also be a goal of donations

You can set a goal once you create a new fundraiser, navigate to Fundraising > New Fundraiser, scroll down to Set Your Fundraiser Goals and set "Create a crowdfunding goal?" to Yes.

Please see the screenshot:

I hope this helps!

Kind Regards,
    Nastia

• Nastia

Hello Julien Kos

I trust you are doing well

I'm wondering, can I make it so that subscribers can only edit their own fundraiser?

Yes, in Fundraising > Settings > Permissions select only :
    - Add and manage users's fundraisers
    - Manage pledges

Maybe even only allow them to have one. No more than one?

This is possible to achieve with custom coding. We can't provide complex custom coding in our forums, please see our regulations, so if you are nor familiar with PHP, please feel free to post a new job in Jobs & Pros section.

In Jobs & Pros you will find many skillful developers that can provide a quick solution for you.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
    Nastia