Team! Hope you are well today :) I wanted to change

Hello Team!

Hope you are well today :slight_smile:

I wanted to change the blog button "Read More" color background, please help! Attached the screengrab. First site registered with you (True Local)

http://www.mysite.com/blog

Cheers

• Tom Whittaker

hello@Greg,

hope you're doing well today, please follow this example bellow it may help you.
    1.right click on the button
    2. go on Inspect element
    3. carefully look at the button, you should see either id="theIdForTheButton" or class="theClassForTheButton" in this example am using the Post button on WPMUDEV text editor.
    4. on the right, look carefully for the class or id name that is given to the button, and look for background, next to it you should seee a colored looking box, click it and play around with the color box until you find a color that you like, take note of the color code.
    5.since for this example am using the Post button on wpmudev, so i'd go to my theme style sheet and type it like this

.darkgrey-button {
      background:red !important;
    }

or

#darkgrey-button {
      background:red !important;
    }

NB. if your button had a class make sure you use the first option and if it has an ID use the second option.
    NB. the reason why i have !important is because it allows you to override the previous color that was given to that button.

• Sajid

Hi @Greg

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Try to add follwoing code in style.css file of your child theme from Appearance > Editor or use Simple Custom CSS plugin to add it without modifying core files.

a.button.button-small {
        background-color: red !important;
        color: white !important;
    }

Change the color values with our own color name or color code (e.g. #fff for white).

@Thomas Whittaker thanks for amazing piece of information. I am sure it would help other members too :slight_smile:

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.