Technical Difficulties

Problem solved

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hey there RyGuy,

I trust you're well today and thanks for reaching us! :slight_smile:

I'm sure that there're plenty of articles about setting mapped domains in a multisite installation, but your first stop should be the product details tab of Domain Mapping plugin here https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/domain-mapping/#product-usage

Could you please confirm me that all steps have been carefully setup? :slight_smile:

I could also use some support access to your website in order to inspect your settings and further test for my own, if this is fine by you. :slight_smile:
    You can find detailed informations about granting us support access here https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Having said that, let me clear this out a bit. A wildcard SSL should provide you a certificate for every subdomain, for example site1.domain.com, site2.domain.com etc. If you map a site to another domain though you should have assigned a SSL certificate for that domain too.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

PS. In our Domain Mapping plugin, I can't see where an edit of .htaccess is required.... please advise! :slight_smile:

• VIP
      • Flash Drive

Good morning Dimitris,

I know this a little off the topic but I got this error upon activating the plugin: Fatal error: Cannot use object of type WP_Error as array in /home/citizen/public_html/wp-content/plugins/whmcs-wordpress-integration/includes/class-whmcs-wordpress-integration.php on line 677.

• VIP
    • Flash Drive

Actually Dimitris I came to realize pretty quickly after posting this that initially I was not running an official WPMU plugin on my website, which is why it wasn't working. But thank you very much for responding with that comprehensive article it answered all my questions. You guys have done a lot of ground work here and I'm ecstatic to the say the least about the opportunity and potential WPMUDEV opens up for me and my clients. Thank you for your time and superb service and I look forward to participating more in this community.

Best regards,
    Ryan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.