tell readers page is protected content and have to sign up

Again there is no protected content plugin choice so i choose general

When I protect a page and someone who is not a member goes to the page – I need to have a message that says -“this page is only available to members. Membership is free – please sign up here and have the sign up on the page or a link to the sign up page

thanks

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello michael,

Please go to you WordPress Dashboard, then to Protected Content -> Settings. Choose "Protection Messages" tab.

First field "Content protection message" is where you can insert your message for protected pages. Fill the text with your message and click "Save".

Please, see the attached screen.

Again there is no protected content plugin choice

This is happening because Protected Content was replaced by Membership 2 Pro plugin https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/membership/

Kind regards,

Kasia

• michael
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Did exactly what you said and it did not work

I protected the particular page – help desk – if you click help desk from the menu you get some kind of redirect

if you click it from the footer menu there is no text at all

Can you please help me with this is is very important that I protect pages and have the text I want

I have granted access

thank you

• michael

This plugin is so difficult. There is something called a protected content page. For some reason it had a short code of appointments on and that is why appointments were showing

What is this protected content page – I can write what I want there – so why do you have protected messages???

This is extremely and I mean extremely confusing

Please clarify this for me

thanks

• michael

Please just use the access to try and explain why there is a protected content page and all of those protected content messages?? It is very confusing and I would like to know for future reference and to use the plugin properly on all 3 of my sites

I have regranted access

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello michael,

I’m sorry but there is something wrong with the access on your site. I still can’t get to it. Can you logout from WPMU DEV plugin and login again, and then grant access (please, don’t extend it).

As for the protected content page. This page “Protected Content” is displayed when a user cannot access the requested page (is not logged in or didn’t join any Membership yet). It should have inside this shortcode:

[ms-protection-message]

Please note, that this shortcode will display the Message that you put “Protection Messages”.

I honestly don’t know why this made in this way – I’ve joined WPMU DEV long after the Protected Content was created and I missed process of writing it. I’m sorry I can’t give you better answer for your question.

Kind regards,

Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.