template links

Hi

I used a WPMU template some time ago. The problems with changing a template is that there are a lot of links and css that seem to conflict as changes are made, as I have found. Especially as I am technically average.

I am trying to point the get my "latest post and blog" to work. The problem is even though I have selected this page as the "blogging" section, the links keep on going back to just "blog".

Please help.

Thanks

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi simon cuss,

It seems like you are using the Upfront theme. Please do note that Upfront is no longer in active development, and would highly recommend switching to a new theme to ensure you don’t face any issues down the road.

Please check further about this in here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/goodbye-upfront-hello-everybody/

I am trying to point the get my “latest post and blog” to work. The problem is even though I have selected this page as the “blogging” section, the links keep on going back to just “blog”.

If you are still going to stirk with Upfront. Could you please share a screenshot regarding this, and also please grant support staff access so that we could give a closer look?

You can grant access from WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access, or check this manual: https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-5

Please let us know once you enable access so that we could get this sorted. Have a nice day.

Kind Regards,

Nithin

• simon cuss
    • Flash Drive

I wanted all my eggs in one basket, which is why I chose WPMU. One payment, one solution.

I will stick with Upfront, until I find a better cost effective solution. It works for me.

I have given access. It would be really great to get this sorted once and for all.

Now my site is on WPMU, I am sure i’ll get my site working fine thanks to you guys and gals.

cheers

Simon

• Kris
    • Support

Hi simon cuss

I was able to fix blog link in breadcrumbs for all post. However I was not able to fix links on “latest post and blog” to use this url slug instead of /blog/.

From what I check this page titles and read more links use “{{permalink}}” as parameter so link should base on that new url.

I will need to escalate this to developers so they can take closer look on this.

To do that support access is not enough. Could you send us login and password to site through our secure contact form here https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question and make sure that subject is “I have a different question” and:

– Mark to my attention: ATTN: Kris Tomczyk

– Site access (login url/ username / password)

– Link back to this thread

Please don’t share any sensitive information (i.e credentials) in the Support Forum, it has public visibility and everyone will have access to it.

Please confirm here in thread that you have sent that message.

Kind Regards,

Kris

• Kris
    • Support

Hi simon cuss

Our developer track main issue.

As this is multisite settings for permalinks was store “Network -> Sites -> main site settings”.

It was set up as:

/blog/%postname%/

We correct that there and in main site to

/latest-news-and-blog/%postname%/

So all post should have now correct path.

Please note this change does not affect other pages and they will still work correct like /contact/ etc.

Hope this help :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Kris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.