Template Plugin Not Working Properly

I have installed Version 2.7.8 on my WP MultiSite Install, however I now it does not seem to work properly. When I create a new site, using a template that I setup with your plugin, the result is generic. None of the pages, plugins, themes, menus etc are applied to the new site.

Is there something I am missing from the Plugin setup that is preventing the templates that I am creating to be installed correctly on my new sites?

Thanks

Ian

• karnelli
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I have done this with every attempt and still get the same results. Specifically,

I am creating a new template and selecting the Wordpress Settings, Current Theme, and Active Plugins selection in addition to: Menus, Files, Categories, Pages.

I am not selecting anything from the WooCommerce or other databases in the list that is provided at the bottom of the Edit Blog Template page.

Once the template is created, I create a new site using that template. The resulting page is a blank page. When I log back into my WP Multi-Site dashboard and select the option to visit the new site, the resulting page is a generic page (see attached screenshot).

I have even backed up my WP Multi-Site install onto my Staging Server, deactivated all plugins except for the Template Plugin and I get the same result. This leads me to conclude that there is not another plugin interfering with yours.

Before the update, your plugin worked fine. Now we cannot get it to work and it has begun to impact our ability to do business.

Can I provide you with admin access to the site so that you can take a closer look?

Thanks much

Ian

• karnelli
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

When I go to grant access to support on my MultiSite Domain, I get the following message. It does not allow me to grant access. Adam, is there another step I need to take that will enable me to grant access to our root domain?

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey Ian!

It seems that the domain of your site isn't registered with your premium.wpmudev.org account. Could you please check if you have logged in with "WPMU DEV Dashboard" plugin already? If you did, you should be able to use "WPMU DEV" -> "Manage" page -> "Edit" link to reset your API key which should also result with enabling your current domain.

Let me know please if it helped!

Cheers,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Ian!

Thanks for granting an access.

I've visited your site in order to investigate the issue. I did however noticed some other issues.

After I changed network settings to allow registered users create sites (it's now back to "registration disabled" as it was before) I tried to create a new "non template-based" site.

This didn't went well though:

- a blank screen appeared after new site submission
    - site appeared on site list but wasn't accessible at all (even the dashboard)
    - an 404 error came up with a message that the "This domain is successfully pointed at WP Engine, but is not configured for an account on our platform."

I wouldn't say this is a New Blog Template issue and I think we should fix it first, before getting back to your original question.

That being said: have you made any changes to your install or server config since my last replay here?

I also think that your server is not setup to support "wildcard domain" out-of-the box, otherwise the standard WordPress "Add new site" procedure would work well.

Please advise!

Cheers,
    Adam

• karnelli
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

We have not made any changes to our install. Our server is setup to support Wildcard domain (I have a wildcard SSL currently running on our server). The plugin worked like it was supposed to before the most recent update.

The site that we would like to make a template of is ireitinvestor.com. The new site that we would like to create with that template (that is also configured with our server) is thematicalpha.com.

Would you like to see if you can test the above template and new site install?

Ian

• karnelli
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I will create a new template domain for you to associate the test site. I couldnt wait any longer for you guys to help fix this issue with ThematicAlpha. My business is now being impacted by this plugin not working properly.

I will send you the test domain information once it is setup and hopefully we can get to the bottom of this issue.

Ian

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Ian!

Thanks for information on this. However, I can't see the "templatetest" site anywhere on your setup. The only "test" related domain is "text.montext...". Since this is a live site I'd just like to make sure if this is the one and if I can operate/run test on it?

Let me know please!

Thanks,
    Adam

• karnelli
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Cas

They have not done anything to respond to this issue. Its very disappointing. I will be attempting to get a refund for the cost. The plugin simply doesnt work since they updated it and their support has been less than attentive to this issue.

• Code Injector
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Karnelli

I just can't believe it. I trusted their products truly and relying on them, at least they should have told me something: bug fixes on new updates or look into problems seriously. In my opinion, the Pro Sites and New Blog Templates suit best for uncomplicated basic project or newbie. I've just noticed the instability from multiple plugin updates in the past 2 months. The support team might have been really busy, understaffed, or absolutely being aware of the unresolved issues. I'll keep you posted if I found the solution.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello karnelli,

This issue is still work in progress.
    However in my tests template was used properly when it was chosen on the page with pricing tables from the Pro Sites (because this is issue that Cas has) and not in separated page just for templates.
    Do you also use separate page for choosing templates?

Kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.