Template tags for user levels

So I am getting this set up and I was hoping I could access the level of the user that owns the sub site (blog) being displayed. So for example in the sub site's theme, I would like to display certain things depending on the user level of the person that owns that blog. So I may show ads on a blog owned by a free user but not on one when the owner is upgraded to a payed account. Anyone got a code snippet for testing against the user level of the blog owner?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings stueynet,

Thank you for this great question and a significant item to bring up.

So I may show ads on a blog owned by a free user but not on one when the owner is upgraded to a payed account.

Advertising block are a standard feature of free accounts for the Pro Sites plugin which is in turn incorporated into the Membership plugin.

Possibly you have configured this differently?

Please advise if you do not have these features within the Pro Sites section integrated with Membership.

Cheers, Joe

• stueynet
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Also, there are plenty of other reasons I would like control on a template level of the sub site. Not just for ads but for branding and other features as well. I plan on using a single theme for the sub sites and those themes should behave slightly differently depending on the subscription level of the owner.

Examples:

- Only Premium member's sites have a special video widget
    - Free member sites have a giant notice on the bottom
    - Premium member sites may have more design controls

So ideally just being able to get the level of the owner of the current site would allow me to do all this with ease. Something like <?php get_site_owner_level(); ?>

• stueynet
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Any thoughts on this one?

I realize that sites can have multiple admins and there isn't really an owner. However if I can get a users membership level by email or ID that will let me create a function to check all the admins on a given site and go from there.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.