Templating feature for "Pro Sites" plugin

Recently I started a new project and made a simple front-end dashboard with MDL and I used Pro Sites in this project.

Unfortunately with all the advanced features of this fantastic plugin, it doesn’t have any structure to create templates by the users and made a different layout with CSS frameworks like Bootstrap, UIkit, MDL or any other frameworks.

In this case users just can change some CSS styles, and it’s impossible to change layout. So I suggested to the “Pro Sites” developers and support team, Please Please Please add this feature to this lovely plugin and make me and other users happy.

Thanks WPMUDEV Team.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Morteza Rezvani,

I hope you’re fine today and thank you for your post!

I remember we were talking about it during our live chat today and I agree that it would make a great feature. Since this is already posted in our “Features and Feedback” forum let’s now hope that more members of WPMU DEV community will support that ideas so it would get developers’ attention :slight_smile:

Thanks for suggesting that great feature!

Best regards,

Adam

• YooWoo
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I believe most plugins are great, even after testing I’m more impressed, but I won’t grab myself an paid subscription. Why?

Simple… No teplates files are provided for ANY plugin. Maybe we can manage something with hooks but we prefer template files (like most other plugin providers support).

Don’t understand why this great company choose otherwise…

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello YooWoo!

No teplates files are provided for ANY plugin. Maybe we can manage something with hooks but we prefer template files (like most other plugin providers support).

Hooks and templates not always are “interchangeable” but even though indeed many plugins do not include templates some of them do support “templating” out of the box and a lot of the other use custom posts which means that the standard WP (core) template hierarchy applies. For example:

– CoursePress includes entire theme (it’s in the plugin’s folder)

– MarketPress supports templates (described on “Store Settings -> Presentation” page there’s a link to help)

– Membership 2 Pro supports templates (including special templates for its use only), documented in plugin on “Membership 2 -> Help -> Advanced customization” page

– plugins such as CoursePress, MarketPress, Wiki Pro, Directory, Classifieds, Jobs & Experts and many more use posts of custom post type to store content (so this can be templated with native WP template support) and apart from that may require just some CSS styling.

That’s just a note though and I agree that full templating-engine/system would be very handy so let’s leave this thread in our Features and Feedback forum as a feature request and hopefully our developers will introduce more and more “template features” in future to different plugins.

Best regards,

Adam

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hey there Morteza Rezvani,

hope you’re doing good today! :slight_smile:

As far as I know, there’s nothing like that in the roadmap, but I may also be wrong about this as I’m not part of the dev team that maintain Pro Sites plugin.

There were some thoughts for “special” stylesheets in our Upfront themes, still can’t provide any more information or any kind of estimated times for these though.

Warm regards,

Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.