"Terms and Conditions Notice" when user registers using the supporter plugin

I am currently installing the supporter plugin to offer registered users the benefits of upgrading. I havent tested it yet, but I'm wondering, does the supporter plugin or the membership plugin include a place for "Terms and Conditions" once the user clicks register-> button? Can anyone explain how that might work?

• vason
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hey masonjames:

Before I get knee deep in one signup plugin, which plugin do you recommend - the membership or the supporter plugin? Maybe give some advice on how to test on localhost or live site.

Greatly appreciate it!

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya!

which plugin do you recommend - the membership or the supporter plugin?

These two plugins serve very different purposes.

The Supporter plugin provides a way for you to put many WordPress admin functions (such as writing posts, pages, removing ads, domain mapping, etc) behind the paywall. They can not do those things until they pay (although you can give them a free trial).

The Membership plugin is for hiding specific content areas from people who have not paid to view it. If you offered a training site (for example) you might make certain areas of content available only to subscribers at specific levels.

Does that help? It really depends on the kind of site/service you are offering.

Maybe give some advice on how to test on localhost or live site.

I run a development install locally on my mac through MAMP, but there are also Windows (WAMP) and Linux (XAMP) versions available. A google search should provide you with the right one for your OS as well as installation instructions to help ya get started.

Testing on a "live" server is also possible. You would just want to install WordPress normally and go from there. We have a great installation manual that you may find useful:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-and-buddypress-installation/

Thanks!

• vason
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Right:

I use wamp as well on my local machine, and have been for some years now. What I was referring too was testing the supporter plugin through the localhost through wamp. I see the plugin has a setting to check for sandbox, but was unable to test.

Good stuff, Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.