Terms of Service on New Site Signup Page

I have been using a very old and outdated plugin that shows a terms of service the first time folks login: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/terms-of-use/

It is causing problems now, and I want to get on a regular updated plugin. I was looking at the terms of service plugin here. It seems like it would work, but our environment runs on shibboleth so there is no sign-up screen. They just log in.

I was thinking perhaps we could add it to the "New-Site" page and they would need to agree to the terms of service each time they created a site. Any ideas how I could add it to the /wp-signup.php page?

Thanks for any tips. I'd rather this were an option with the plugin so I could stay with y'all if you update rather than having to custom code it, but even pointing me in the right direction would be great.

Thanks,

~Jeff

• DavidM

Hi Jeff,

While it seems doable to add the option to the Add New Site page, it's not the simplest procedure given the way the plugin works (it's meant to be for the signup form in general as opposed to site creation).

To help with that, you could take a look at how an option is added to that page in the New Blog Templates plugin.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/new-blog-template

The only way I can think of for your second inquiry is to add something to usermeta to keep track of whether the user has logged in before. From there, it would be as simple as wrapping the relevant signup code from the plugin with a check of that value to see if they've logged in before.

The output for the plugin occurs in the signup_tos_page_main_output() function on line 147 of the current plugin version and you may be able to use that function to display the output in the Add New Site page as well.

Hope this helps!

-David

• Mason

Hiya,

As we haven't heard back from you we're going to assume the problem
    was sorted out and mark this ticket as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this
    thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not
    Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and for being a member of WPMU
    DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of
    assistance in the future.

Thanks!