[Terms of Service] TOS Plugin Broken Again

A number of months back I reported that the TOS plugin was broken and was stopping a registration form from being submitted. It seems as though the problem is back like The Terminator!

Even if you agree to the terms by ticking the check box, it shows a red warning with error "You must agree to the Terms of Service in order to signup.". This should be a small quick fix and is super important from a legal perspective.

Please could one of the developers take a look at this asap.

Note I am using this with ProSites regstration.

Perhaps get Sarah and John Connor to take a look at this one. Time is of the essence. The future is in peril!

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Dean,

I’ve tested my multisite running Pro Sites and ToS but I’m afraid that I can’t replicate this issue, if I check the box I’m able to register normally.

Can you tell me if you installed any other plugins or switched theme around the time that this started happening to you, or if you updated some of the existing plugins on your site?

Would you mind allowing support access so we can have a closer look at this on your site?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-5

Best regards,

Predrag

• Dean
      • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Predrag Dubajic

Sorry, but I cannot provide access to my site as this is on localhost at the moment. So I tested this plugin out further to find out a bit more about the problem for you.

I have only ProSites and TOS plugin active. I am using the default Twenty Seventeen theme.

If you fill in all the fields correctly the first time and tick the checkbox then there is no problem and it works fine. However, if you forget to tick the TOS checkbox the first time it will not let you pass even on the second or third time when you have ticked the checkbox.

Try this to see the problem:

1) Enter all fields correctly, but DON’T tick the checkbox.

2) Click the “Reserve your site” button.

3) It will throw an error saying “You must agree to the Terms of Service in order to signup.” (Good!)

4) Now tick the checkbox and then click the “Reserve your site” button again.

5) Even though the checkbox is ticked, it still shows the error saying “You must agree to the Terms of Service in order to signup.” (Broken)

As an additional note I think this plugin should save the date and time when the user agreed to the Terms of Service to aid in GDPR compliance.

Thank you.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Dean,

Thanks for the additional info, could you please try the attached version and let me know if it works properly for you after that?

As an additional note I think this plugin should save the date and time when the user agreed to the Terms of Service to aid in GDPR compliance.

It’s something being discussed together with other GDPR changes :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Predrag

• Dean
      • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Predrag Dubajic

Thanks for your fast responses. It is much appreciated. I can confirm the issue with the plugin stopping the form from submitting even when the check box is ticked is fixed in the beta you provided above.

Thank you. Hopefully it will be released soon :wink:.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.