Test Anti-Splog without setting back-end flags?

I'm just setting up a network and it would be helpful to be able to test the triggers on the Anti-Splog system before taking it live. I'd like to see the process of watching an IP or text getting banned so that I can approve it and define action (notify site admin, warn user, etc) or attempt a correction.

Is there a way I can force a known bad IP like 255.255.255.255 or use a common trigger word __ without actually flagging my domain, IP, or email addresses that I'm using for testing__ ?

Thanks!

• Tony G

I think you missed my intent, sorry.

I want to simulate abuse without having my IP, domain, email address, or anything else actually flagged within the server that crowdsources the Anti-Splog data. The last thing I want is to run a test on my test server and find myself banned on someone else's site because the WPMU database has me flagged as a spammer.

If I use a proxy I'm going to corrupt whatever that IP is, not good for whomever owns it. And if you're doing any kind of blocking based on email domain, I don't want to get any of my domains flagged.

As you can see, the ability to set a Test bit would be very helpful - something that goes through all processing except the final bit that logs the data into the crowdsource repository.

Thanks again!
    T

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.