Test Anti-Splog without setting back-end flags?

I’m just setting up a network and it would be helpful to be able to test the triggers on the Anti-Splog system before taking it live. I’d like to see the process of watching an IP or text getting banned so that I can approve it and define action (notify site admin, warn user, etc) or attempt a correction.

Is there a way I can force a known bad IP like 255.255.255.255 or use a common trigger word __ without actually flagging my domain, IP, or email addresses that I’m using for testing__ ?

Thanks!

• Tony G
    • Mr. LetsFixTheWorld

I think you missed my intent, sorry.

I want to simulate abuse without having my IP, domain, email address, or anything else actually flagged within the server that crowdsources the Anti-Splog data. The last thing I want is to run a test on my test server and find myself banned on someone else’s site because the WPMU database has me flagged as a spammer.

If I use a proxy I’m going to corrupt whatever that IP is, not good for whomever owns it. And if you’re doing any kind of blocking based on email domain, I don’t want to get any of my domains flagged.

As you can see, the ability to set a Test bit would be very helpful – something that goes through all processing except the final bit that logs the data into the crowdsource repository.

Thanks again!

T

• Bojan Radonic
    • Head of Support

Hey again @tony,

I understand your point, I double checked this with our developer just to make sure. You can’t test anything without setting flags but I’ll definitely pass the feedback regarding testing and we might consider changing something in the future if there is enough interest for this on the forum.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,

Bojan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.