Testing Google Connection (PHP 5.3)

Hey!
Trying to test the connection from Appointments+ to the calendar I setup in Google. We got our site updated to PHP 5.3, but I still can't test the connection. Any insight? Thanks!!!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings andrewjdymski,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

Thank you for bringing this item to our attention.

What specifically are you referring to test the connection, what have you tried to do to see if it is working? i.e. went to GCal and see if you can set an appointment perhaps?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• JoshW
    • New Recruit

From your Google Admin Control Panel --> Settings --> "External Sharing options for secondary calendars" set to "Share all information, and allow managing of calendars"

Takes a couple hours to switch over then make sure your "Permissions Settings" on the actual calendar are set to allow editing of events.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings andrewjdymski,

Thank you for the additional clarification and input which is absolutely appreciated.

Hmmm ... What about in reverse here - if you set an appointment on Google Calendar does it migrate to the Appointments + calendar?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• pxwm
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi - andrewjdymski,

Have you followed the instructions in the 'google calendar' tab under the 'instructions' line with an information icon?

If so have you setup a unique private key for each service provider?

Could you confirm you are clicking the 'test connection' in the Wordpress user profile for the relevant service provider?

If so when you click on 'test connection' do you receive a message in the top of the page?

Would it be possible to post a screenshot of the 'google calendar' tab and the Wordpress user profile page?

Regards
    SteveB

• andrewjdymski
    • New Recruit

Hey Steve,

I have followed those instructions under the info icon. When I click "test connection" I get this screen:
    http://d.pr/i/oghy

When I check my server settings, all looks good:
    http://d.pr/i/94Tj

I can't get appointments that I make with the appointment plugin on http://guavabox.com/schedule-us-2/ to show up on the calendar and can't get appointments that I add to my Appointments Google Calendar to show up within the appointment + plugin.

Are there any known plugin conflict issues?

• pxwm
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi - andrewjdymski,

If I have understood the results of your tests and having reviewed your links then I suggest there is a problem with your settings in A+ and maybe google calendar.

Initially would it be possible to post a screenshot of the following tabs:-

'general'
    'google calendar'
    'Wordpress user profile page' of one of the service providers you are trying to use the 'test connection'

Regards
    SteveB

• pxwm
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi Andrew,

Many thanks for the screenshots

I've checked the settings and just need to check the following:-

1. Do you want a main google calendar to show all appointment or just individual calendars per service provider? As you have currently set it to have a main google calendar for all appointments in your main 'google calendar' tab

2. For your individuals users I need to see the settings in the Wordpress profile page containing the google calendar settings not the A+ service provider page.
    If possible could you provide a screenshot of these settings.

Regards
    SteveB

• andrewjdymski
    • New Recruit

I would love to be able to link individual calendars to individual service providers. Right now I have only setup and attempted to link one appointment calendar.

Here is the screenshot from my user profile, I haven't edited any of this stuff yet, didn't realize it was there. Should I copy the same info from the plugin settings tab into these fields?

http://d.pr/i/ODyE

• pxwm
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi Andrew,

To confirm you can setup individual google calendars or you can even share them in a main google calendar but for this you would need to setup google api unique private keys through the Wordpress user profile for each service provider.

This should not be stopping your main google calendar from working the way you have currently set it up.

I've checked your A+ settings again and they appear fine for appointments to be viewed in your main google calendar

I suggest the next thing you need to check is if the google calendar sharing settings in A+ match those in google calendar.

Initially we will make the assumption that the private key and service account email address are correct but you may wish to check to make sure.

If they are then could you check the sharing settings on google calendar and confirm that the details are the same as in A+ for the 'calendar to be used' settings.

Regards
    SteveB

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings andrewjdymski,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.