Testing payments: after purchase the Pro access is still not unlocked

Hi there, it's been about 3 hours of experimenting and I still cannot resolve the problem.

I'm testing the payment with PayPal
sandbox. I want to enable blogging on my multisite only to those sites/users who pay, but when I purchase, say, one year membership, I still cannot access dashboard and the following strange text is written along with the output:

Last Payment Date: None yet with this subscription (only initial separate single payment has been made, or you've recently modified your subscription)

Expected behaviour would be allowing users who pay to access the dashboard.

• renp
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I tried various different settings, it seems that when the customer pays for membership, it is like he has not paid. I tried for example the setting to disable publishing posts. In dashboard, he still has Pro Upgrade button and even after he pays, he is not able to publish posts...

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

@renp

Did you make sure you had the correct api's etc setup and had your paypal sandbox setup correctly at paypal itself, i had a similar problem when one of the test accounts i created in the paypal sandbox settings wasnt working, i hadnt copied and pasted the whole email address properly. also i forgot to set how much money they had available on the test credit card.

• renp
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I've double checked the API credentials and I'm using Business PayPal sandbox account for selling and personal In-Store Checkout-enabled account for buying.

Please, can someone elaborate how to test that IPN is pinging back to the site? The only option on Paypal sandbox seems Instant Payment Notification (IPN) Simulator.

I'm testing locally with Pagekite so that I can access localhost remotely and with Paypal IPN simulator, the calling of admin-ajax.php succeeds. How can I assure that IPN pings back the site, when customer pays his membership in Pro Sites?

Or how do I enable IPN in the predefined PayPal sandbox account? I looked everywhere on developer.paypal.com and only IPN stuff I found was the IPN simulator...

Sorry if this is rather PayPal related question, but any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks,
    Rene

• renp
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Kimberly,

I've dome some research on the web and it seems that testing IPN on localhost can be sometimes very problematic. What I know for sure is that IPN is not able to call the "callback" php file.

So I will focus on other aspects of development and go back to IPN testing when my site is on-line.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.