Testing Wordpress from Mac to Windows

Hi,

I designed a theme for Wordpress under Mac OS X using Mamp as server.
I decided to test it under Windows. I installed Xampp and copied the whole original Wordpress folder.
I created in Xampp a Database with the same name as in Mamp.
When I activated my theme in Windows the navigation menu is different. In the Dashboard I found that my original menu settings were not saved. Also the original posts do not show.
Please, could you help me?

Thanks,

Andrea

• Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

Hello Andrea,

WordPress stores menu and post data in its database, and you said "I created in Xampp a Database with the same name as in Mamp.". That means you created a new database right?

Try copying the old database to the new database and that should fix this up. There is database export and import.

Let me know how that goes. Good luck!

• Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

Hello Andrea,

Am not big on databases, but I think this is because you tried to import the old database into the new database that was already used with WordPress. Create a blank database and try the import. Then connect that with second installation of WordPress. that should fix it.

Let me know how that goes.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Andrea,

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.