Tetris addon with padding and/or duration addons

I just installed the new tetris addon and I'd like to know if I am able to use it in combination with other addons? With tetris the start times of schedules with different durations are correctly being re-shifted according to bookings in the other, but I'm curious to know if I can still make use of the padding or durations addons?

My scenario has 30 and 60 minute appointments on a day with a break from 12:00-1:30:

30 min: 8:30, 9:00, 9:30, 10:00, 10:30, 11:00, 11:30, 1:30 ...
     60 min: 8:30, 9:30, 10:30, 1:30 ...

After a 30 minute booking is made at 10:30, the 60 min schedule correctly updates to:

60 min: 8:30, 9:30, 11:00, 1:30 ...

However, in addition to using this tetris functionality my client needs to also make sure that there is a 30 minute break in between all appointments. I'd prefer to not set 30 minute bookings up as 60 minute ones as potential slots needlessly disappear. After the 10:30 booking in the 30 minute scenario above is it possible to have the following schedule available?

30 min: 8:30, 9:00, 9:30, 11:30, 1:30 ...

A few things to note here:
     1) the 10:00 has been removed as no 30 minute break would exist given the 10:30 booking
     2) the 9:00 slot is still available even though a 60 minute schedule (30 minute + 30 minute padding) starting at 8:30 typically wouldn't exist
     3) the 11:30 slot is also still available even though there is only a 30 minute working slot open (as the break starts at 12:00 the 30 minute padding falls in the break)

• Tyler Postle

Hey Martin,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for posting this!

You can try setting 30 minute padding for after the service with the paddings add-on. This will add 30 minutes to the end of every appointment time. Try that out :slight_smile:

If you're wanting this to dynamically change the times depending whether an appointment is booked or not then that may take some additional cusotmization.

I'll tag @Jose here is well as he mentioned in the last thread.

If that doesn't work just let us know whats happening then we can look into getting it sorted.

All the best,
    Tyler

• Martin

Thanks, Tyler....yeah, that was the first thing I tried and all it seems to do is treat 30 minute bookings as 60 minutes ones (in which case I lose the desired 9:00 am slot in note 2 above).
    I'm going to play around with a bunch of scenarios (with and without the tetris addon) and report back. I'm on a conference today and tomorrow morning and am not sure about internet access there so it may be tomorrow before I report back. My gut feeling is that this will require a mod to tetris, but I'll send some results soon.

• Martin

Ok. Given that I've never really understood how the padding and duration addons are supposed to work I've just performed a simple test here.

Monday the 9th has this schedule:
         30 min: 8:30, 9:00, 9:30, 10:00, 10:30, 11:00, 11:30, 1:30 ...

I've activated the padding addon to add 30 minutes padding to all the provider's services and have set the "Padding resolution type" to Largest. As the services have no padding themselves this should pad 30 minutes to everything. Tetris addon aside for the moment, when I book a 30 minute appointment at 8:30 I'd like to have the following updated schedule available:

30 min: 9:30, 10:00, 10:30, 11:00, 11:30, 1:30 ...

This shows 1) that the 9:00 slot is unavailable due to the padding and that 2) the 10:00 and 11:00 slots are still available to be booked.

The padding addon gives the schedule in the first screenshot. The second screenshot shows the results of also enabling the duration addon in all 8 possible scenarios playing with the "Time slot calculus method", "Boundaries detection" and "Break times calculus" options (in that order, 1 being the first and 2 being the second option for each).

Bringing tetris in now (though not overly applicable because there is only one service in play here) gives the following results (same process as above). Screenshot 3 is tetris only. Screenshot 4 is tetris and the padding addon with the same settings as above. Screenshot 5 is all three enabled in all 8 scenarios again.

As you can see, none of these results give what I'm essentially after: padding that affects the duration of the slot once booked but does not affect the calculation of when future slots are available, otherwise I might as well simply make 30+30 padding 60.

Please note: the tetris addon shots come from another site whose css stops empty block from being shown....otherwise they are identical in their config.

• Martin

By the way, as a side note: unless I'm missing something, the padding addon alone (no tetris, no duration) doesn't work properly with breaks. If I book an hour meeting on the same day (which has a break from 12:00 - 1:30) it is somehow showing the 1:00 slot as available. This should not be the case (see screenshot).

It looks like my best bet in the short term is to add 30 minutes to all appointments and use only tetris and mod the code to display 30 minutes less to the customer as described here. The only drawback to this is if you guys update the addons I'll have to go back in and remove the added 30 minutes in the db. In case I'm sounding all over the place I'm looking for a) the padding addon to be clarified or corrected and then b) the padding addon to be integrated with the tetris addon

• Jose

Hey Martin,

If you can find a workaround in the meantime adding the 30 min to the duration or using the customization that I made for you in a previous thread, that would be great.

App+ is going through important changes, and the schedule process is something that will be improved. The thing is that it is not simple and needs a good amount of effort. Any partial effort will have some downside or glitch for sure.

I recommend you to stick to the Tetris add-on because it doesn't requires core changes and the approach is simple and clear to understand.

I'll keep you posted about any change/improvement related with these issues.

Cheers,
    Jose

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.