text of my chat below but basically i had bluehost make

text of my chat below

but basically i had bluehost make misenheimer.com the main site there, and terriblemeek the secondary site (which is going away)

but right now, after they did that, misenheimer.com is not loading.

and below they mention it may take 20minutes up to 5 hours.

so, I am not sure if that means my site will come back up after that or if there is somehting that needs to be moved. they allude to " you may need to move files for the new primary domain into the public_html directory" but the main misenheimer.com files are already in the public_html directory, as far as i can tell.

make sense? Please let me know. Thanks

================

Chat ID: 3663479. Question: Provider: Bluehost - My Domain is: "terriblemeek.com" i want to separate my main domain account, misenheimer.com from terriblemeek.com
10:30:06amBrittany
Hello, thank you for contacting support, sorry for the wait time. I do assist many customers at once, your patience is greatly appreciated. Will you please provide me the last 4 characters of your cPanel password to validate your account please?
10:30:47ammark
yes, it is
10:31:13ammark
>j?@
10:31:22ammark
basically, i had terriblemeek.com with bluehost first.

i had misenheimer.com with another host.

moved misenheimer.com over to bluehost, but when i log in, it is confusing to me, would rather log in to misenheimer.com on its own, or log into terribel meek on its own, or at the very least have misenheimer.com be the one i am logging into , then terrbilemeek is 'secondary'.

does that make sense?

10:32:16amBrittany
one moment.
10:32:42amBrittany
let me transfer you to the Billing department so they can help you out with that. One moment please :slight_smile:
10:33:42amYulia
Thank you for contacting the Billing Department. My name is Yula. I will be happy to assist you today. One moment please while I review your account.
10:35:34amYulia
You would need to purchase another hosting account and then you will be able to assign your domain to that new account
10:36:39ammark
why cant you just maek misenheimer.com the primary acct and terriblemeek the secondary acct, showing misenheimer.com as the one i log into as the main account?
10:38:21amYulia
We can do that no problem
10:39:57ammark
and that wil lnot disrupt my real , main business site (misenheimer.com)? the terrible meek site is a play site/dev site, but the misenheimer.com is the real, gotta be up and no mistakes busienss site
10:40:53amYulia
The rename of the hosting will not change any user name, passwords or databases
10:41:46amYulia
So you will need to set misenheimer.com as the primary on the account, corect?
10:41:46ammark
ok, cool, so what i would like to do please is this: basically, i had terriblemeek.com with bluehost first.

i had misenheimer.com with another host.

moved misenheimer.com over to bluehost, but when i log in, it is confusing to me, would rather log in to misenheimer.com on its own, or log into terribel meek on its own, or at the very least have misenheimer.com be the one i am logging into , then terrbilemeek is 'secondary'.

does that make sense?

10:42:12ammark
sorry for that last send.
10:42:16ammark
yes this is correct:
10:42:18ammark
you will need to set misenheimer.com as the primary on the account, corect?
10:42:31ammark
will i do something or will you do something?
10:42:47amYulia
I will do that for you, stay with me
10:43:37ammark
ok, thank you, and its about time to renew (it says terrible meek now) but once you do your magic will it show that misenheimr.com needs renewing, going forward?
10:43:50amYulia
Just to clarify, misenheimer.com will be the primary, correct?
10:44:14ammark
yes, thank you, misenheimer.com wil be the main and primary, bestest one. primary, yes.
10:47:40amYulia
just a moment
10:49:31amYulia
The process can take 20 mins to 5 hours, depending on the size of your account.
The username, password, files and databases will remain unchanged.
Despite this, we recommend that you backup the websites and databases then download them to your computer.
Website files for both domains involved may need to be moved in order for the sites to function after the rename. You will need to move files for the new primary domain into the public_html directory and files for the old main domain in a subfolder of public_html. The old primary domain can be assigned to this subfolder after the rename is complete.

Please note that this will be your responsibility to do, and may cause some site files, scripts or other applications to break, requiring modification to work with the new site location.
Forwarders on these domains will be deleted.
Any custom DNS changes made to either of these domains will be lost and will need to be redone. Cloudflare will also be deactivated on these domains.
This will break the ability to publish a Weebly site on the old and new primary domain (if the customer has ever logged into Weebly).

10:50:09amYulia
So we are renaming terriblemeek.com to misenheimer.com
10:50:34amYulia
I was able to complete the rename, give it some time to take effect
10:50:39amYulia
Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
10:51:19ammark
thank you. its about time to renew (it says terrible meek now) but now will it show that. misenheimr.com needs renewing, going forward?

• aristath

Hello there @markmm, I hope you're well today!

I don't have an account with them so I don't know how exactly they have their servers structured, but usually an account has a folder called "htdocs" or something similar where all the files of the main domain exist, and then there are subfolders where you have to add your secondary domains.
    If your primary domain changes, then I suppose you would have to move all files from htdocs to a subfolder that will then be assigned to a secondary domain, and the files that previously were on the secondary domain's folder will have to e move to htdocs.

However all of the above has nothing to do with WordPress and the process I described is just an assumption based on what I've seen on other hosts, not bluehost.
    If anyone can explain the above process properly for bluehost's hosting it's bluehost themselves. :slight_smile:

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.