Text options not responding when chosen in UPFRONT

I came across something curious while making some updates on one of my websites, while in upfront the text I would type in would not respond to the selection made in the hovering box after it was typed. I tested this in a few browsers just to be certain that wasn't it. Definitely an issue in Firefox, Explorer and Chrome. I found this pretty odd and had not come across something quite like this.

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @stephen, hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

Hmm... I'm not able to reproduce this over on my own test site presently, I have to wonder if we may have a conflict on our hands here. May I ask if you've tried disabling the plugins you have on your site temporarily?

If disabling the plugins doesn't change the behavior, could you provide a screencast illustrating the behavior here?

You can use a tool like this to do that:

http://www.techsmith.com/jing.html

And could you enable Support Access to the site in question, in case I need to have a closer look at it? :slight_smile:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Thanks in advance!

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @stephen, thanks for your patience here! :slight_smile:

I came across something curious while making some updates on one of my websites, while in upfront the text I would type in would not respond to the selection made in the hovering box after it was typed. I tested this in a few browsers just to be certain that wasn't it.

(had to edit my prior comment)

I'm still not seeing this take place on my own test site, or on yours, could you please provide a screencast of how you're seeing this happen?

Also just noticed, transparency option for captions is not taking hold either. This is truly curious! I've added a screencast of this phenomenon. It should be noted that the image css settings are all set to default currently.

This is something I can reproduce on my own test site, I'll let our developers know about this as well. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the screencast, by the way, that really helps us to see if we can reproduce an issue on a test site of ours here.

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• stephen
    • Flash Drive

Always happy to be as efficient as I can, and would not have been without your link to the screencast software :slight_smile: I can see utilizing this for several things in the upcoming future, a nice way to teach clients how to do things in various situations.

Back on task, I've added the new screen cast of the misbehaving text. It starts out just fine, but as time goes on it starts to act up, adding bullet points and then finally just not cooperating at all. Kind of odd!

Screencast: http://screencast.com/t/gMwu7AV5Rq

• stephen
    • Flash Drive

Here's another thing! ( by the way, if you would prefer for me to make a new topic to cover new things I come across, just let me know and I'll edit this comment out and make a new topic, you're doing such a good job I figured I might as well keep with it haha)

So I was attempting to change the color of my little floating menu there, I put it inside a floating region and it's functioning exactly as I want, however the color I'm not so hot on. So I went to edit the custom CSS and either I'm using the wrong code ( likely ) or something curious is happening.

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @stephen,

Back on task, I've added the new screen cast of the misbehaving text. It starts out just fine, but as time goes on it starts to act up, adding bullet points and then finally just not cooperating at all. Kind of odd!

Screencast: http://screencast.com/t/gMwu7AV5Rq

Hmm... there were some parts that I couldn't reproduce exactly, but I've sent both your screencast (as well as my own) over to the developer for further review.

So I was attempting to change the color of my little floating menu there, I put it inside a floating region and it's functioning exactly as I want, however the color I'm not so hot on. So I went to edit the custom CSS and either I'm using the wrong code ( likely ) or something curious is happening.

I'd say that we'd want to take this one to a separate thread, if you could create a screencast as to the reproducing this issue, we'd be more than glad to look into it. :slight_smile:

I can see utilizing this (Jing) for several things in the upcoming future, a nice way to teach clients how to do things in various situations.

Indeed it is, I've found it very handy for quick tutorial videos myself, as well as video bug reports. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.