Hi

Is there a way to have unique text over individual slide in upfront

Thanks

Uc

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey Uc,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

Upfront themes currently don't support text for each slide on fullwidth background slider but it can be added to slider element added in content, as shown on screenshot attached below.

Other solution I see would be using third party slider that can use text over images and has an ability to be included in page content via shortcode.

I believe this one should work:
    https://www.wonderplugin.com/wordpress-slider/

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi UC,

Thank you for the screenshot, I get now where the confusion is coming from.

What you are looking at is the background slider, and as I mentioned above, background slider doesn't have option to add text over slides.

Images I was attaching are from Slider element as you can see from the first screenshot attached above.

If you are looking to add full width slider with text over images we would need to take different approach here as it's not something currently possible with Upfront.

You can download slider mentioned in my first comment (https://www.wonderplugin.com/wordpress-slider/) which will alow you to create sliders that are added via shortcode.
    After you have created slider go to upfront editor and add new region where you want your slider to show and name it for example myslider.

Now add this CSS code to your global CSS, note that myslider is there so if you name your region differently you will need to use that name in code as well:

#upfront-region-container-myslider .upfront-grid-layout {?
    width: 100%;
    }

And now in that region you need to put one Text element and in content paste the shortcode of your slider.

That should be it, let us know if you need more help with this.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.