Text Widget is Broken

I am trying to add a text widget to the home page, but after I drag it, click on settings and select TEXT option, I am given the wrong menu and not getting the text area box to paste my widget text.

• Abdul Wajed
    • Staff

Hi Dewey,

Hope you are having a great day!

So sorry to hear the inconvenience you are having.

I could tell you better about the issue if I could see it live, check your current configuration and make some tests on your site. Would you mind allowing Support Access so we can have a closer look at this?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please let me know when you are done granting Support Access. I'll be looking forward to hearing back from you. Thanks!

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Wajed

• Abdul Wajed
    • Staff

Hi Dewey,

Hope you are having a great day!

Thanks for enabling support access. I have checked and able to add text widget without getting any error (See the screenshot below). Can you please check it again, maybe on different browser. If you still get the same problem, can you please share a screenshot.

Please let me know and I'll be looking forward to hearing back from you. Thanks!

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Wajed

• Abdul Wajed
    • Staff

Hello Dewey,

Hope you are doing well today.

I'm able to replicate the same issue on my end. I'll mark it as a bug and send report to the developer so he will provide a new plugin version or a hotfix.
    Please keep in mind, our developers work around the clock and they have to deal with lots of critical issues and other things. So it may take a little while for them to check this and release a fix. I appreciate your patience!

Best regards,
    Wajed

• Abdul Wajed
    • Staff

Hi Dewey,

Hope you are well today and sorry for the late response.

There is no update yet but our developers are working hard and hopefully can give you updates soon and I will let you know as soon as there is any update. Thanks

Note: This problem is not occur in WordPress version 4.7.5, so you can use this version until there is an update or hotfix.

I appreciate your patience!

Best regards,
    Wajed

• Ken Kimbrell
    • The Crimson Coder

Hello Dewey

Working alongside Wajed here. Happy to help! First, I want to apologize for the inconvenience this bug has caused you and I want to reassure you that our dev team is looking into a path to resolution regarding the matter. In the meantime, I would like to mention a workaround that will allow you to place shortcode in our draggable text module within upfront.

1. Download this plugin:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/widget-shortcode/

This plugin will allow you to turn widgets into shortcode. You will be able to find the arbitrary sidebar it creates in Appearance > Widgets

2. Once in Widgets, find the text widget and drag it to the arbitrary sidebar, see image below:

update: Please note that this screenshot was taken when upfront was not activated. On your widgets area, you should only see the arbitrary sidebar once the plugin is activated. Please ignore any other sidebars currently registered.

3. after you get the shortcode, then open up your upfront editor and drop the obtained shortcode into the text editor. This will essentially now act as the text widget and will be able to utilize shortcode.

As mentioned in the chat, I would update your thread with the resolution. I hope you will find this workaround satisfactory for now as we continue to look into the draggable widget module in upfront and further assess the issue in more vigilante detail.

Take Care,

Ken - WPMU DEV Support

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello Kacy,

I hope you are well today.

In order to help you best and make sure we're addressing your particular needs, would you please contact one of our Support Experts via Live Support? This will give us an opportunity to test this on your unique environment and ensure we're addressing the correct issue. Also, this will reduce the number of notifications being sent to the original poster of this thread. :wink:

Best regards,

James Morris

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Jana!

The "text widget" wouldn't actually be much different than the regular "text module" in Upfront (where you can also put shortcodes into) and since Upfront doesn't include sidebars "per se" using its text module should work fine here. Alternatively, a Custom HTML module might be a "workaround" here.

However, if we get any additional information we'll post them here.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.