Thanks for such great plugin. I am using membership plugin

Thanks for such great plugin. I am using membership plugin in my website. There are two types of membership A) Visitors B)Members and three types of subscriptions A) Monthly B) Yearly C) Lifetime. These subscriptions are recurring using PayPal Express Gateway. I am also using coupons for discount while new subscriptions. New user subscriptions are working fine but there are some problems coming while unsubscription of the current subscription of user.
1. (Subscribed without using coupons)We subscribe successfully but at the time of unsubscription after clicking Unsubscribe button(shown at logged in user's subscription page), it redirect to paypal website and asks for paypal credentials. After filling credentials(we are using testing/sandbox account for payPal payment) it shows following error "The unsubscribe button you clicked is invalid. You can find the status of all subscriptions in 'My preapproved payments'".

2.(Subscribed with using coupons) While user subscription using coupons of full amount discounts, it does not redirect to paypal for payment and it subscribed successfully. But at the time of unsubscription it Redirect To PayPal website and gives the same error as above " The unsubscribe button you clicked is invalid. You can find the status of all subscriptions in 'My preapproved payments' ".
As we are not paying any money at the time of subscription, why we are redirecting to paypal website at the time of unsubscription process.

3.One more thing regarding upgradation of membership - We are not able to unsubscribe because of the above problems but when we click on upgrade button it is also not working correctly. So my questions are.....
A) Can we upgrade membership without unsubscribing the current membership? Will it unsubscribe the current membership also?

It is very important module in our website. Please response as soon as possible. Thanks

• Eugene Manuilov

Hi @Brent

"The unsubscribe button you clicked is invalid. You can find the status of all subscriptions in 'My preapproved payments'".

Looks like you use your PayPal merchant email address as PayPal Email in the gateway settings. Currently it is a bit confusing, but you need to use your merchant account ID there (see in attach how you can find it). I will update gateway options page to eliminate this missunderstanding.

Eugene

• Brent

Thanks for quick reply @ Eugene Manuilov,

Yes, By using PayPal "merchant account ID" in payment gateway this issue get resolved, thanks for your help. Now unsubscribe button is working fine. For your kind info please show "Merchant ID" instead of Paypal Email Id.

Now regarding "upgradation of membership".

I have three types of membership in my website...

A) Monthly ($5/month recurring) - as first level(lowest level)

B) Yearly ($50/Yearly recurring) - as second level(higher than first but lower than third level)

C) Lifetime($250 infinite) - as third level(Highest level)

Now suppose, on 15nov2013, user A register himself with Monthly. After successful subscribe, user A goes for unsubscribe his Monthly membership. After unsubscribe successfully he come back to his subscription page and see a message "Your membership has been cancelled and will expire on : 15th December 2013" with two subscribe button of levels yearly,lifetime. Now we found following problems..

1) User A still is able to access protected contents of website. As he has unsubscribe his membership then he must not able to see protected contents.

2) It's big problem to us... After successful unsubscribing from Monthly subscription, User A subscribe himself for Yearly subscription. Instead of Yearly subscription User A still seeing above message( Your membership has been cancelled and will expire on : 15th December 2013 ) in his subscription page. Why this is happening ? As user A have registered himself as Yearly then there should be info regarding Yearly not for Monthly.

3) What is actual functioning of unsubscribe process? Whether protected content will be available to user A for only one month(from 15Nov to 15Dec 2013) OR will not OR something other ?

4) At subscription page of user A, It must show degrade to Monthly and upgrade to Lifetime option. But right now it is showing upgrade to Monthly and upgrade to Lifetime.

5) How we can add a subscription plans for life time. If we set "infinite" mood and periods more than 5 years in admin dashboard board while creating any new subscription plan, then it shows error "Invalid Regular period. You must specify valid values for the A3, P3, and T3 parameters for a subscription". BUT when i set infinite and periods <= 5 years then there is no error occurs.

Ideally we wants only one active membership at a time for any user. Right now user A have both type(Monthly and Yearly) of subscription.

Really I have gone completely fed up from testing/resolving issue , So please help me.

• Eugene Manuilov

1) User A still is able to access protected contents of website. As he has unsubscribe his membership then he must not able to see protected contents.

Even if he has unsubscribed his membership, he has paid for a month of subscription and should be able to receive services during that month for his money, shouldn't he?

... User A still seeing above message( ... ) in his subscription page. Why this is happening ?

Because he still has his monthly subscription which he has paid for.

3) What is actual functioning of unsubscribe process?

When an user unsubscribes earlier, then his subscription will be marked to expire at the end of period. Will be marked to expire, not dropped immediately.

4) At subscription page of user A, It must show degrade to Monthly and upgrade to Lifetime option

The plugin can't compare subscriptions. It means that it can't figure out which subscription is bigger or lower then another one.

5) How we can add a subscription plans for life time.

Just select Indefinite mode for your subscription level and users will remain at that level forever.

• Brent

Thanks @ Eugene Manuilov

I have already set Indefinite mode in subscription level and 5 year for periods, But when i set periods values more than 5 years from drop down it shows error "Invalid Regular period. You must specify valid values for the A3, P3, and T3 parameters for a subscription" . So i am a little confused that whether membership of Lifetime user's will expire after 5 Year or will be continued forever.

And One more thing...

There are two steps in signup process.
    Step 1. Select membership(Monthly/Yearly/Lifetime) and signup form with username email, password etc.
    Step 2. Go for payments.
    As soon as user complete Step1 they get registered with our website. If they do not go for next Step2 for payment their account still exist our website, So i wants to assign a default level to such type of users and also for same level for those users whose membership has been expired.

Thanks again for your kind help :slight_smile:

• Eugene Manuilov

I have already set Indefinite mode in subscription level and 5 year for periods

You don't need to set any periods for indefinite mode, just leave a period as it is.

So i wants to assign a default level to such type of users and also for same level for those users whose membership has been expired.

Create your default access level, then add it to a new subscription plan and select indefinite mode for it. Go to options page and select that subscription plan as user registration options. See in attach.

P.S.: don't forget to make that subscription private to not show it on frontend.

• Brent

Thanks @ Eugene Manuilov

They have only Paid Plan, actually it take 5 to 10 min in updating from Free Plan to Paid Plan. It's working fine, I am very-2 sorry for disturbing you.

Could you help me on following

1.How i can protect any contents that requires to have both plan(Free and Paid plan) concurrently. For eg. Suppose any Page-A exist in my website, and in order to see the content of this page user must have both Free and paid Membership. So for this can i use short codes as written as below

[Free]

Content shown here for Free Plan subscribers

[Paid]

protected content..shown here to such user those have both Free and Paid plan...

[/Paid]

[/Free]

OR any other way to do so. Please suggest..

2. If any user subscribe for LifeTime($250-indefinite, one time payment) then I don't want to show all other subscribe buttons at his/her subscription details page.

3. If any user subscribe for Monthly($5-serial, recurring payment), next unsubscribe his/her Monthly plan and subscribe to another plan Yearly($50-serial, recurring payment), next again unsubscribe this Yearly plan also. In this way he/she see two different part in subscription page.
    Part1 ) Monthly membership canceled and two subscribe buttons of Yearly,Lifetime plans
    Part2 ) Yearly Membership canceled and two subscribe buttons of Monthly, Lifteime.

I wants to show all subscriptions of users in in one part as below..
    Canceled membership of Monthly, Yearly in your currnt membership section and one Subscribe button of Lifetime.

Again thank you..

• Eugene Manuilov

Hi Brent,

Sorry for delay, was busy with other stuff.

1.How i can protect any contents that requires to have both plan(Free and Paid plan) concurrently.

Use level access shortcodes which you can find at levels page in the Shortcode column (see screenshot). You can use it like this:

[level-free]
    [level-paid]
    some content is here
    [/level-paid]
    [/level-free]

I think it should work, but you need to install the latest 3.5.beta.4 version which you can find here, because there has been added a fix for nested shortcodes.

2. If any user subscribe for LifeTime($250-indefinite, one time payment) then I don't want to show all other subscribe buttons at his/her subscription details page.

Currently there is no way to hide it.

3. If any user subscribe for ...

Yes, I know that page works not good enough and I will rework it in the nearest future.

Regards,
    Eugene

• Eugene Manuilov

The version 3.4.6.1 is intermediate version which has been released almost identical to 3.4.6, the difference is only in one particular bug fix.

The versions 3.5.beta.x contains all bug fixes and new features which are not included neither in 3.4.6 nor 3.4.6.1. The version 3.5 is not going to be released yet because I am going to spend more time on it.

how i will get the latest version 3.5.beta.4 ?

Just go here and download the 3.5.beta.5 version. Delete your previous version and install new one.

• Brent

Thanks Eugene Manuilov and sorry for absent,

Could you please response following ?

1. How we can provide two membership concurrently. For eg. Users user who have registered themselves must have FREE membership and if they are going to paid membership then they must have FREE as well as PAID membership both.

You have mentioned above "How assign FREE membership automatically as soon as any one get registered at website". It is working fine but if user went for payment then his/her FREE membership get changed with PAID membership. I wants paid user must have both FREE and PAID membership at the same time.

2.How i can add extra fields at SIGNUP page? I use BuddyPress for extra fields but values(entered for extra fields at signup page) are not saving into database and these added extra fields are not showing profile edit page also.

Please provide your valuable help. Thanks

• Brent

Thanks Eugene Manuilov,

Regarding your question 'Could you, please, explain why do you need such setup?'.

In my website, There are three types of pages..
    Type 1. --> can be viewed by visitor,registered and paid users(Any one can see).
    Type 2. --> can be viewed by registered OR paid users but not by visitors.
    Type 3. --> can be viewed by PAID and registered users.

Now suppose Any User A have registered himself but did not go for payment, So in this situation
    -- User A must be able to see visitors and registered content but not able to see paid contents.

Now suppose User A wants to be PAID user and become paid user. As soon user A becomes PAID user, his FREE membership get changed with PAID. Now problems starts here in such structure of short-code of membership.

[FREE]

these contents are those types of user who have registered themselves at website but not gone for payment OR paid users whose membership has been expired.

These contents view by FREE users.

[PAID]

these contents are for those users who have paid for it and there subscription are not expired. In this way to see these contents user must have both FREE and PAID membership.

[/PAID]
    [/FREE]

Since as soon as any user become an PAID member, his existing older membership(FREE) automatically get changed. But in above short-code structure situations a paid members must have FREE membership along with PAID membership in order to get PAID contents.

Hope you have got my problem. If not then please ask again i will explain with another ways.

Now regarding Adding Extra Fields in Signup Page question,
    waiting answer from @aristath.

Thanks again.

• Eugene Manuilov

I would like to recommend you to separate nested shortcodes. So it could be something like this:

Some content in the header of a post/page

[free]
    some content for registered users
    [/free]

[paid]
    some content for registered users

and content for paid members
    [/paid]

Some content in the footer of a post/page

In this case there is no need to overcomplicate your system and add both levels to an user. Does it make sense?

Regards,
    Eugene

• Brent

Hello Eugene Manuilov,

I have found some errors while editing profile info of logged in user in versions 3.5.beta.x version of WPMU Membership. Error as given below

ERROR: Please enter a username.
    ERROR: This email is already registered, please choose another one.

I think above both field can't be changed for user.

I have older version of WPMU plugin in which this error does not come, so again review your code of Beta Version.

• Avelardo

ANSWER REGARDING "Add Extra Fields at Signup/ProfileEdit page"

Brent, I was having the same issue, when I wanted to add a check box for "Terms & Conditions" to the user registration form, as well as other fields. The solution is not a 'Membership' Plugin component but that of WP itself.

The workaround was this....In WP(3.8.1) go to "Users" >> "Profile Fields".

There should be a tab called "Base (Primary)". Right below that is a button called 'Add new field' (Usually its a green button). Select that, then follow the options to name the field...add a description if you wish. And you have the option to have the "field/selection menu/check box" be a requirement or option. As long as its on this tab specifically, your users will see these fields on their sign up/registration page/form.

SIDENOTE: You can create new field group/tabs if you wish, but those will not be part of the registration. However if you have buddy press, under the user profile, the user can see those additional fields/tabs to add/edit. Something that I did for my users.

Good luck, please let me know if you still have any questions.

Thanks,

Avelardo Lopez
    DrSuave.com

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.