The account form is off the page

In my welcome email I send people to their account page and the link to edit is not showing properly. It looks like that in all the browsers I tried it in. I can just about see the e... on the right and can click on that and the page appears.
How do I get that on the left hand side?

• Jonathan
    • The Incredible Code Injector

@Diane,

Mustafa is refering to your wordpress themes style.css file. wp-content/themes/yourtheme/style.css
    Just drop what barry said - this css style code, copy and paste it in the style.css file

div#account-form {
    	width: 90%;
    }

Jonathan

• Diane
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Sorry... I am not being clear - late night! I am using buddy press social and there is no code in the style.css file just a list of updates that look like this...

changelog
    v1.2.7
    - added compatible with WordPress 3.2 and BuddyPress 1.2.9
    - added rtl css support
    - added new privacy option for none friend viewing profile privacy

v1.2.6
    - add jquery call in header
    - minor css bug fix

I added that code to it and nothing changed, so if there is not a specific place in the css file that I need to add it then that code didn't work.

• Jonathan

@Diane,

Oh? I've never used buddypress social, got a link? Is it a WPMU Theme?

EDIT:
    Nevermind found it - https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/buddypress-social-theme <-Nice looking theme :wink:
    here is the location to the stylesheet /wp-content/themes/bp-social/style.css

But I would create a child theme if you're not using a custom theme.
    Here is a guide. https://premium.wpmudev.org/the-buddypress-manual/what-are-parent-and-child-themes/

They even provide you one - /wp-content/themes/bp-social/themes/bp-social-child/

Jonathan

• Diane

Thanks Jonathan
    I am still trying to get my head around membership - don't think I am ready for child themes yet but I will take a look once I have everything set up. I was hoping it was as simple as dropping some code in. I will ask at the theme - maybe someone who uses it can tell me where to add the code.

I found the style.css file - that isn't a problem, but like I said all it has in it is a list of updates and when I placed the code in there nothing changed so maybe it needs to be added somewhere else???

• Jonathan

Diane,

all it has in it is a list of updates

Okay, I was hoping you were looking in the wrong place :wink:
    Guess you need to ask the theme developer or someone with experience with the theme. But child themes are really easy.

Just copy the one they provided for you bp-social-child and drop the whole folder into the wp-content/themes/ folder
    So final looks like this /wp-content/themes/bp-social-child/style.css
    and add the css barry mentioned above into that style.css and you should be good to go.

Sorry I haven't used social, I usually make my own, or hire someone to make themes for me :wink:

Jonathan

Edit:

Don't let all the issues get you down, I've used pretty much all of the membership plugins, and not one has been turnkey, each has provided a unique set of problems. Its just a matter of tackling them one at a time, growing in experience with each issue :wink:

• Diane

That's okay, I left a message in the theme area.

At least I know who to find when I want a theme made :slight_smile:
    I thought I would start with what's provided but once I have a few members in (and hopefully I will get membership working!!!) I want to provide my own.

Thanks again for all your help.
    Final thing to do is upload my video course but its too large to go through media so I think I will have to upload to the folder using FTPsoftware. Hopefully that will work without any problems others... I'll be back :slight_smile:

• Jonathan

@Diane,

Thanks again for all your help.

You are most welcome :wink:

Final thing to do is upload my video course but its too large to go through media

Yip, got the same problem :wink: Have you thought about amazon s3? far cheaper when it comes to bandwith etc. You can get a 1 year free account with loads of cool freebies, like 5 gig storage etc etc. http://aws.amazon.com/free/

But here is a hack, uploading it via ftp into /wp-content/uploads/ doesn't store it in your wordpress media (the database side of things), this creates a whole new set of issues, unless you use a plugin to find and store (there are a few around).

What I've done before is rename a small tiny video to the names of the videos I want to upload. Upload with wordpress media that tiny, small little video(s) and then ftp the big ones over the small little fake ones. Make sense?

Jonathan

• Jonathan

@DavidM,
    Thanks. Really appreciate the recognition, and points :wink:

@Diane,
    Wow, thank you for the rep points - blew me away, and makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside :wink:
    I am really glad that you got the membership site up and running... took a bit of elbow grease but, you did it :wink:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.