The Account/Profile page looks terrible. The formatting

The Account/Profile page looks terrible. The formatting is way off and looks totally unprofessional. How would I go about fixing this? You can see in these screenshots the page is almost unusable and certainly not publishable to people who pay for a service from the site.

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hi, Brock!

Membership is designed to pull styling from your theme, so it will blend in (most of the time) right out of the box. It looks as though the theme you're using may have some terrible styling in place for forms.

We can work around this with Custom CSS. If you let me know how you'd like the page to look, I can give you some code to drop in that will clean up the styling.

Hope this is helpful!

• Brock
    • Flash Drive

Thanks for the quick response! Sorry for the attitude it's just been a pain working on this site. The boxes would look better if they started left justified in relation to their titles, and would take up the entire page. Also, the check boxes "yes" and "no" should be before the check, and not be so far away from the actual boxes. And finally, the button at the bottom to "update" should be large enough to fit the text inside.

Does that make sense? It would also be nice if the account page just loaded, rather than people having to click a button to "edit" it and display the actual content. Seems like a needless click when the content could just display there. They clicked their content page to see it, not to click another button to see it.

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Brock,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your patience here!

The account page inherits a lot of styles from your theme, or BuddyPress. As you can see, by default it all aligns quite well.

If you're using BuddyPress I'm curious why you aren't using the BuddyPress profile for your profile/account page? Or are you wanting to show other information on it as well?

Either way, we can definitely still help you style this :slight_smile: do you mind linking to the page? We will need to be able to see the ID's and classes involved here to give accurate CSS solutions.

Look forward to hearing back Brock!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Brock
    • Flash Drive

Hello,

Working on this project again - I'm understanding that you can't use the BuddyPress profile pages because of the way the plugin works? I can't link to the page, since it's part of the subscription, but if you want I can give you access to the wp-admin? Let me know - thanks!

The page is setup here, in case you wanted to look around anyway: https://www.800-242-5014.com/

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hey there, Brock!

Just grant me temporary admin access to your site by clicking "Grant Access" button in the WPMU DEV Dashboard Settings from the following path and reply on this thread after granting it?

Admin -> WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access Tab

If you have not installed WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin yet, kindly do that here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wpmu-dev-dashboard/ and then allow access as per the above process.

Thanks!

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hey there @Brock

I hope you're well today!

I just logged into your site after getting a security warning in my browser due to an invalid SSL certificate (it's issued to commstock, not your current site). You may wanna get that fixed. :slight_smile:

Also, I see that you are running version 3.5.1.6 of Membership, which is very outdated. Before doing anything on the site, do we have permission to update it to the latest version?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.