Affiliates with ProSites

Hi,

the Affiliates settings in ProSites (screenshot)
1 - does this reflect the time intervals for ProSites payments or something specific to Affiliates ?
2 - eg. if it applies to ProSites payment intervals and I do not have any ProSites intervals for 3 months, but it is still showing in the Affiliates settings (same screenshot) do i just leave that part blank ?
3 - if they claim an affiliate that pays every month, how is this handled ;
it would automatically be calculated or
Is it intended to pay forever or one time ?
4 - What about different ProSite levels ;
This is where the % option would be better suited ?

5 - There seems to me to be no payment gateway integration in Affiliates settings so is it up to site owner to manually payout via paypal ?

kind regards.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Randall,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your questions!

1 - does this reflect the time intervals for ProSites payments or something specific to Affiliates ?

It reflects the time intervals for Pro Sites :slight_smile:

2 - eg. if it applies to ProSites payment intervals and I do not have any ProSites intervals for 3 months, but it is still showing in the Affiliates settings (same screenshot) do i just leave that part blank ?

You can just leave it blank :slight_smile:

3 - if they claim an affiliate that pays every month, how is this handled ;
    it would automatically be calculated or
    Is it intended to pay forever or one time ?

By default it will pay just one time but you can set this define in your wp-config.php for repeat payments(lifetime commission of the referred user):

define('AFFILIATE_PAYONCE', 'no');

Keep in mind that the repeat commission won't be limited to just Pro Sites in this case, if that pro site user ends up purchasing something from MarketPress(if you have it setup with affiliates) or membership then it will give the affiliate commission of that too.

4 - What about different ProSite levels ;
    This is where the % option would be better suited ?

Yes, the % will work better in this case :slight_smile:

5 - There seems to me to be no payment gateway integration in Affiliates settings so is it up to site owner to manually payout via paypal ?

Yes, you will need to manually pay them out but Affiliates does give the option to export payments on the Affiliates > Affiliate Reports page.

This will allow you to more easily pay them all with PayPal mass payments :slight_smile:

The "Pay Balances" button sets their balance as paid to reset the balance for their next payment.

Hope this helps Randall! Let us know if you have any further questions.

Have a great weekend.

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.