The balloon that appears when map icon is clicked - during the create/edit phase - is incredibly sma

Hi guys, the balloon is so small when I try to edit the title and content of balloon, that the scroll bars don't show properly and I can't see the text to edit it.

It would also be good if the balloon was a bigger (wider) when viewed in the website.

You may notice from the screenshot that the list of locations below the map actually runs off the bottom of the page, and there is no way to 'scroll down' to access the lower ones (and I can't move the window higher on the screen either).

Browser is Chrome. PC is HP Laptop with 15.4inch monitor.

Thanks in advance for your help!

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi GlenHead and welcome to WPMU DEV!

Many thanks for your detailed feedback. I'm seeing the same with the multiple maps going past the page bottom, so I'll notify the developer on this thread.

As for the scrollbar, while the balloon is small, I wonder if it has to do with the particular browser you view it through. I can see the scrollbar in Chrome and Firefox for instance, though the balloon area is a bit small, so tougher to see.

In any case, I'll mention this to the developer to have a look at.

Thanks,
    David

• GlenHead
    • New Recruit

David, what response have you had from the developer? I've also tried it with Internet Explorer and while it's slightly better, the problem is completely unnecessary. I will need to regularly add new map points and this makes the process quite difficult.

Since joining, I've received a large number of promotional emails from WPMU, a couple of which have touted the great customer support and quick responsiveness, so I'm hoping that this will be the case for the problem that I (and obviously others) have.

Thanks in advance,
    Glen

• abdada
    • Flash Drive

I don't use this plugin, but on sites where I have a similar issue, I've been able to get around with by hitting Ctrl-+ in Chrome (increase font size) just to work around it. Works about 50% of the time, want to give it a try and see if it makes it easier?

• GlenHead
    • New Recruit

Abdada, what a great work-around! Seems to make things a little better and will be a good interim measure while they fix this problem. Also, by hitting Ctrl-[minus], it brought the list of links that were falling off the bottom of the page/screen onto the page. Some thankyou-points coming your way :slight_smile:

• abdada
    • Flash Drive

Well, it's a start, right?

One more thing I can recommend -- if you feel confident with coding CSS -- try and edit your Google Chrome internal CSS and give your scrollbars a different color to make it easier to find.

http://www.gtricks.com/google-chrome-tricks/scroll-bar-without-extension/

Basically, you can make your "thumb" and "thumb-hover" a bright and ugly color. It'll annoy you on every other website, but it's a good work-around on top of Ctrl-+.

Thanks for the rep, glad I could offer some help until the devs can figure out a better way!

• Salim Belhaddad
    • Flash Drive

In addition to this great CSS code, you should do :

1. wrench > zoom and decrease to 50%
    2. F11 to switch to full screen
    3. now go to the map (if you're already on the map, go back the edit it again so that it appears bigger)
    4. Now make the balloon appear and locate in the bottom right corner the resize square. Click on drag far below to make it higher (not wider because you will get 2 scroll bars to mess with)

Now you'll have a bigger balloon in a bigger map with just a slim scroll bar.

To quickly come back to the regular display setting:
    - F11 (to disable the full screen)
    - CTRL+0 (to set the font size to the regular size)

I hope we'll get this fix soon, I also opened a thread about this weeks ago.

• Salim Belhaddad
    • Flash Drive

hehe you make me happy for an instant. Thanks for this anyway.

By the way, you can customize the markers by clicking on the marker icon at the left site of the bubble when you edit it. Also you can put your own markers in the plugin's /img folder.

If you have the same problem as us, you can delete all the markers and only put the ones you want so that you can see them immediately when you choose for one.

Did I too make you happy ? :slight_smile:

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya,

Just checking if it was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, could you let us know by re-opening this topic, and we'll get onto it and helping you out asap!

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thanks,
    Phil

• GlenHead
    • New Recruit

Phil, I don't think this has been addressed, at least I haven't heard anything official.

The work-around is cumbersome and I'm sure if I'm having problems, so are many others. It would be great for the balloon to be bigger in both the display mode and the edit mode. Ideally, users should be able to 'stretch' the balloon to whatever size they want (ie to eliminate scroll-bars if that's desired).

So, how do I get this prioritised? Or at least hear from someone official to either say "it's being worked-on" or say "this isn't a priority, you're going to have to live with it"... should I be doing this through another channel?

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya Salim,

We haven't forgotten or discarded this item. This plugin is under active development. We consider each member request here carefully and try to implement them as quickly as possible. Don't fret. A newer version is around the corner :slight_smile:

Thanks!

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hi,

Unfortunately, Google doesn't really let us scale the balloon popup it uses. However, what we can do is increase the size of the map, which will then proportionally increase the balloon height. The latest plugin release (v2.2, just released) should have a fix for this issue.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.