The Buddypress - Ning Importer is not giving me any options. The page loads and it is blank.

I have my CSV file in the correct location - but when I go to BuddyPress >> Ning Importer.... the page loads and other than saying "Ning Importer", the page is empty.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Tiffany,

I hope you're well today and thanks for your question!

The "Ning to BuddyPress" plugin is a legacy plugin that's not being developed anymore. Since it's last update Ning has introduced a few more export formats and Ning To BuddyPress may not be able to handle them. Therefore I'd suggest two workarounds:

1. Give other export file formats a try

2. This plugin may be of help instead of our Ning To BuddyPress:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/import-from-ning/

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Tiffany

I took the file down in size and it uploaded - and said it was importing my members. After hours of it going through the process, it appeared to be done... but I can't find where the member accounts have been imported. Is there another step or did it not actually import as it said it did?

(If this plugin is a legacy and no longer updates or works - I'm not sure anyone should be paying for it. However, with Ning's seeming refusal to update their platform and Google's recent changes - I think more people would be happy to pay a very fair price for a plugin that will transfer members and other functions to Buddypress. I don't think this is a plugin that should be forgotten about.)

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Tiffany!

If an import went well, members should be notified by e-mail that their profiles were moved to your BP network and also user names for them should be created. So, if you see everything is all right you should be able to see those members on BP members' list and also they should appear as WP users.

As for further development of the plugin. I'm not in a position to make any commitments on this unfortunately but I'll surely forward this suggestion to people in charge :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.