The Bulk Smush doesn't seem to be smushing images

Hello,
The Bulk Smush doesn't seem to be smushing images in folders in my media library. It is only smushing photos in the root folder but not the photos in subfolders (subdirectories). Is there a setting I'm missing? I'm using JoomUnited to organise my photos in folders.
Thanks

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello @Christina,

I hope you are having a good day and thanks for the asking. :slight_smile:

Its very easy process, Aren't you following process of smushing as described on its usage page here
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wp-smush-pro/#product-usage

If you are doing same process and still not able to smush your Photos of media library Would you please grant me support staff access so that I can check in depth regarding your issue ?. You can grant me support access via WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

Cheers,
    Milan Savaliya.

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello @Christina,

I hope you are having a good day and sorry for being late here.

Now let me go bit by bit to answer your questions. :slight_smile:

Bulk Smush has smushed 1394 photos but we actually have over 9000 photos (in folders) that it hasn't smushed

That's because those photos are arranged as in directory like structure by plugin named "WP Media Folder". This plugin is actually creating folder wrapper and arranging images with that wrapper. Due to that wrapper our Plugin WP Smush Pro can't detect all the images.

Now to smush all the images, just deactivate that plugin for some time via Plugins > Installed > WP Media Folder and then navigate to Media > WP Smush and smush all the images. After smushing you can reactivate WP Media Folder plugin.

how can I tell the eventual size of photos AFTER they are smushed?

You can see it in the media library for full size, for other size either you’ve to look it via FTP. You an check all the files under
    /wp-content/uploads/
    folder.

I hope this helps you.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Cheers,
    Milan Savaliya.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.