The cloning process is stuck

Cloning process stuck for 5 days with the following message:
We're setting up your new blog. Please wait.
Could you help me to fix this or stop the cloning process?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello joe,

I hope you're well today!

As for stopping the cloner process.
    All you'd need to do would be to just leave its page (where it says it's cloning). The plugin doesn't work in background and the site is being created only while that page is open so if you close it, the process will stop. Yes, that may possibly leave some incomplete data in the database but it also doesn't affect the cloned (source) tables and files so the worst case scenario is that you got a new - cloned - site listed on the site list but it doesn't work. In that case you can just delete it from there.

As for the main issue. I have accessed the server and I must say there's something that looks like a trouble to me:

- you got /myibeez sub-site in your Multisite
    - it also has a mapped domain
    - but there's also a symlink on server inside the main domain's folder, pointing to the myibeez folder with some other WP install and.... another symlink to "myibeez" folder - which is sort of "inception" because from that other folder there's another symlink to "myibeez" and so on; that goes indefinitely.

Cloner is incapable of creating symlinks so they must be there due to some other reason but I would suggest checking that there. I don't know your entire setup well enough to be able to delete them on my own but you should take a look there and if they are there not on purpose (the same applies to the "phonemart" symlink in the same location) it's better to get rid of them as they might (and most likely are) interfering here. Both with Cloner and with the "too many redirects" issue mentioned during the chat.

If you're not sure how to deal with these symlinks or where did they come from, you might want to get in touch with your hosts' tech support and ask them for help with it so they could "clean it up".

Once that's sorted out, please also increase WP memory limit by adding following line to the "wp-config.php" file, right above "/* That's all, stop editing */":

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');

After that, try cloning again and see if it works. It should never be stuck for such long so if it goes for more than a couple of minutes (let's say, safely, 30 minutes max) you can assume it got stuck again. However, there's a good chance that this will let it complete successfully.

Keep me informed, please, and if necessary we will investigate it further.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.