The coupons arnae workin' cap'n

So in Paypal sandbox mode I have everything functioning in Events+ except coupons. On the recurring event I have given each of my four membership levels a separate discount. Once logged in on a test account on any one of those levels, I book an event. The discount for the level isn't applied either before I click the Paypal Subscribe button or on the Paypal Test store page. What is it I am missing?

• ArgyllCharles

Hi Joe, Well that has cheered me up. Must admit it took me a lot of effing about with browsers and emails and silly passwords, but 3 hours later the thing came good, and it works nicely (believe it or not). The trick was to login as a developer, utilise the dummy business email for the test shop, and the dummy customer email as the customer. Both Membership and Events+ work with it ... which I am guessing is not the usual experience?

As for the coupons, well, I did try using Paypal live, but I get to the payment page and the summary doesn't show the coupon -- which is the same as sandbox. So I am thinking either the coupons aren't live in some esoteric fashion or I have broken Events+. Your thoughts will be much appreciated

Cheers, Argyll

• aecnu

Greetings Argyll,

Thank you for the detailed input and it appears that we are indeed moving forward.

I do not think nor can I find a coupon facility for Events+, I believe it will be tied into your membership levels and since they are not trying to make a membership, I believe that this is why no coupon box.

However just to be sure that I am not dazed and confused ... lol ... I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• ArgyllCharles

Joe, you are absolutely right. The coupons aren't part of the events+ plugin -- my mistake -- but of membership and events -- should've made that clearer.

So in events you have the option to differentiate in price between the various levels of membership that you set up -- in the boxes down the righthand side of the event editing page. The problem is that whichever level I set the price at, each transaction still goes through at full price.

The further problem, is that coupons set up to apply a discount to the membership level payments on a monthly or annual basis are again not going through so members will have to pay full price in the first instance which is not the idea.

Does that disambiguate the issue here?

Bestest Argyll.

• aecnu

Greetings Argyll,

It appears this particular topic is now resolved/closed, if you need any further assistance please let us know.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member and have a GREAT upcoming New Year!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.