The course purchase button doesn't display

Hello,

I'm trying to make CoursePress Pro work on my site and I have two questions.

1) On the courses listing page, http://noduslabs.com/courses/ - as you can see all the info about the course (date, language, price, buttons) do not fit in one line and get moved to the next one which doesn't look pretty. How do I fix that? Which template file should I go in and what should I fix?

2) On the actual page - http://noduslabs.com/courses/how-to-create-stunning-visualizations-for-social-network-analysis/ - there is no button to actually purchase the course. How do I add it?

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Dimitry,

1) On the courses listing page, http://noduslabs.com/courses/ - as you can see all the info about the course (date, language, price, buttons) do not fit in one line and get moved to the next one which doesn't look pretty. How do I fix that? Which template file should I go in and what should I fix?

This can be fixed with CSS code - you can place it in the style.css of your child theme or use this small plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/

.post-type-archive-course .quick-course-info .course-time {width: 18%;}
    .post-type-archive-course .quick-course-info .course-lang {width: 12%;}
    .post-type-archive-course .quick-course-info .course-cost {width: 35%;}
    .post-type-archive-course .read-more {display: none;}

ad 2) You have set in Course settings that students are manually added - see in description "Who can Enroll: Students are added by instructors." - you need to change that to "Anyone" in option "Who can enroll" in course settings.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Dmitry

Ok, thanks! Nice plugin, btw!

got 1) to work, just one more thing: how do I make the excerpt of the introduction text show the full text and not to cut it?

Regarding 2) – I don't have this option in my list menu in editing the Enrollment options for the course. All I see is "manually added", "registered", "registered with a pass code", "registered who completed prerequisite course"... there is no option for "Anyone"... How do I fix that?

• Rupok

Hi Dmitry

I hope you had a wonderful day.

I do apologize for missing the first additional query. You said "got 1) to work" at first, so I missed that, my bad!

However, there is no option in CoursePress Pro from where you can select how long the excerpt will show. But you can change the length by editing the plugin. For doing that, go to "domain_root/wp-content/plugins/coursepress/includes/templates" directory with FTP and open "archive-courses-single.php" file. Then find this line:
    echo do_shortcode( '[course_summary length="50"]' );
    and replace it with:
    echo do_shortcode( '[course_summary length="500"]' );
    Here I've changed the value from 50 to 500. You can increase it according to your requirement so that the introduction text is fully shown.

But please keep note of your changes somewhere because your changes will be lost when the plugin updates as you are editing the core files.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Rupok

Hi Dmitry

I hope you had a wonderful day.

I've got another workaround for you without editing the core files. Follow the steps one by one and I believe, you will be able to "show the full text" in description.

# Go to your "web_root/wp-content/plugins/coursepress/themes/coursepress/" directory and copy "archive-course.php" and "content-course.php"
    # Go to your active theme directory and paste both the files there
    # Open "content-course.php" file from inside your active theme directory and go to line 50
    # Find this line:
    echo do_shortcode( '[course_summary length="50" class="' . $extended_class . '"]' );
    Replace with
    echo do_shortcode( '[course_summary length="500" class="' . $extended_class . '"]' );
    Change 500 to any value you want.

It will show the full description in your courses listing page.

If you find your design is not completely ok, then let us know. This process is a bit complex and actually varies from theme to theme. So I'll do it for you if you want.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Dmitry

This messed everything up in my design. I'm currently using Capital theme (from obox themes) and I did as you instructed - copied the files, but apparently it has a conflict with my current theme, so that doesn't work.

This is VERY frustrating for the support that I'm paying $99 US per month for...

Can we please find a simple way to list all my courses on one page, without messing up my design, in a way that's READABLE to my users?

I mean now it just doesn't look good because it cuts the articles and if I use your suggestion it messes everything up completely...

• Rupok

Hi Dmitry

Hope you had a wonderful day.

how do I remove the instructor's name above the text of the course

To hide the title, you can use the following custom CSS Code:

.post-title {
      display: none;
    }

make the image clickable (so it leads to the course?

It's not easy actually, but still can be done. There are two ways actually: 1. Editing Theme File & 2. With jQuery

Please confirm which method you will feel comfortable with. I'm asking this because previously you had bitter experience editing theme files.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.