The "Edit course" button is not working for instructors and facilitators

In the "Dashboard" the "edit course" button is not working. This means that Instructors and facilitators have no way of editing their courses - outside of manually enter /admin in their URL.

The picture is from kurs.frikirken.no

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello morfjord,

hope you're doing good today! :slight_smile:

I've just tried to replicate this in a local installation of mine, using only WPMUDEV Dashboard and CoursePress (along with CoursePress theme) and I wasn't able to do so.
    I've set another user as facilitator and another as instructor, and both of them were able to edit the course (after clicking in the "manage course" button, a popup came up to confirm the edit action, which worked well).

Could you please first proceed with a conflict test? Try to deactivate all other plugins apart from WPMUDEV Dashboard and CoursePress and check how that goes. If it works well, then start activating the remaining plugins one by one, checking each time, until you get the same issue again.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Support-Process-Support-Process.gif

If this doesn't make any difference, please do send me some more site and server details to have a better look. As this is public forum, you should send us your details through our safe contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question using this template:

Subject: "Attn: Dimitris"
    - WordPress admin (login url/username/password)
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - cPanel/Plesk credentials (host/username/password)
    - link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

Keep in mind the subject line as ensures that it gets assigned to me.
    Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello there morfjord,

hope all is good for you today! :slight_smile:

After investigating this I noticed that the popup window that's prompting you to proceed with course edit is being pushed down at the bottom of the page instead.

Most probably this is coming from some other CSS rules from another plugin. In order to surpass that, please add the additional CSS fix and it should bring the popup back on top of page again.

.cp-mask {
      position: fixed;
    }

If this doesn't do the trick, then try to add the !important suffix too like this

.cp-mask {
      position: fixed !important;
    }

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.