The field shipping address state is required

I'm have problems again with people ordering internationally. The message "The field shipping address state is required" keeps coming up. Can you shed light on this?

Thanks,
Brandee

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Brandee,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I checked the site assigned to this thread and it didn't ask me for "shipping address state" during checkout. Are you referring to other site or am I missing something here? Let me know please.

Also please note that in case you are shipping to multiple countries you will want to add those countries to the "Target Countries" list on "Store Settings -> Shipping" page of site's dashboard. This will allow customer to select country and the "state" field will come up only if necessary.

Best regards,
    Adam

• brandee

Hi Adam,
    I'm doing great today! I hope you are too.

I've had this happen a couple of times now. I do all all countries added since we ship everywhere in the world. The ones that have come up don't necessary have a "state" to put in. A couple were people from India and now I'm getting from BAHIA BLANCA (Province of Buenos Aires).

Do you know how I can tell these people to handle this error?

Thanks,
    Brandee

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Brandee,

Thanks for your response!

I understand your point, however - as I mentioned before - I wasn't able to replicate this on your site. That said, just to make sure that we're on the same side here: the "State" field comes up on "Checkout" page in "Billing/Shipping Address" section, is that right?

Is it only for "guest" shoppers or "Logged in" shopers or both?

Were you able to replicate this yourself? If so, could you provide me with a simple example "step-by-step" guide on what should I do on your site to be able to see that?

This would greatly help me investigate the issue.

Best regards,
    Adam

• brandee

Hi Adam,
    I wasn't able to recreate these myself as it works fine for me. Since I've had several people with this problem I can't say its something they are doing. They are ordering as guests and it is on the billing/shipping page which is a little confusing for customers because it now comes up after they make their payment in Paypal. There are a lot of these "weird" errors that are happening with this update.

Thanks,
    Brandee

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Brandee,

I tested your site using proxy to try to checkout from "different" countries and I noticed some difference in ordering when "visiting" from Germany and Hong Kong.

Would you mind allowing support access so we can have a closer look at your settings?
    To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Brandee,

Any info that could help us replicate would be great, browser, OS, product, etc.
    There's probably something specific triggering this, we just need to find out what.

People are having a problem logging into their previous accounts too. Seems they were wiped out on the upgrade. So ordering is being done in visitor mode.

Are those accounts still visible in your user list?
    Does it work if you change the password?
    Is there any account that has this issue and we can use it for testing to see what's going on?
    MarketPress shouldn't make any changes to existing user on the update, did you had any other updates since this started happening?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• brandee

Hi Predrag,
    In the previous edition of marketpress, there was a login during ordering process to access their saved account info like username, emails and address for delivery. Now that option doesn't appear during the ordering process any longer.

Plus they were able to go to an Order Status page with their login to access all their previously purchased products. Now there is a box that they have to know their order number which for previous orders they no longer have access to that order number.

Is there any way to get that process back now and reinstate that Order Status page as it originally was viewed?

Thanks,
    Brandee

• Milan

Hello Brandee,

Hope you have been well today.

Let's break your questions in bits so it helps us to go granular.

In the previous edition of marketpress, there was a login during ordering process to access their saved account info like username, emails and address for delivery. Now that option doesn't appear during the ordering process any longer.

Its not the case with latest version installed on my sandbox site. every time I try to purchase product as visitor I got prompt saying me "Login to speed up checkout process" and I confirmed that its working fine by logging in as buyer. Please see first attached screenshot.

Plus they were able to go to an Order Status page with their login to access all their previously purchased products. Now there is a box that they have to know their order number which for previous orders they no longer have access to that order number.

This is also not the result of my testings. I was able to view all of order history without any issue on my sandbox site on order-status page. Please see second attached screenshot.

Having this said, they may be issue with other things like, theme conflict ? Can you take down theme conflict test by testing this issues on default twentyfifteen theme ?

If theme conflict test don't give you some satisfactory results then would you grant us support staff access so we can look in depth regarding these issues ?

With Warmest Regards,
    Milan Savaliya

• brandee

Thanks Milan for your indepth explanation. Unfortunately, our customers are not having the same experience with their Order Status page. In fact, neither am I under Admin. I used to have an array of tests for download. Instead I get a search box to insert one Order number. Maybe its not set up correctly. Was I supposed to change something on the update perhaps?

To the original question about state field. You asked for a screen shot and I have a customer right now who can't order because of the message. He took a screen capture and sent it to me. It's attached.

Thanks,
    Brandee

• Milan

Hello @brandee

I hope you have been well today and thanks for your points.

Thanks a lot for your last attached screenshot. Your last attached screenshot helped me to identify possible bug with plugin.

Actually in screenshot, I was able to see that customer is from india. So to replicate this I installed Marketpress on my sandbox site ( I am also from india ) and try to buy one of the dummy product I've created to test and it throw exactly same error on my sandbox site too. So this seems bug to me.

I've already flagged our developer for this but you know we are supporting many countries from where buyer can purchase online. So can you help me in identifying issued countries ?

Can you tell me what was the country of customers who faced this issue on your end ? I want to make sure that our developer get exactly pinch notch explanation. So if you can help us please do so.

Thanks and I will make sure this grabs our developer's attention and as soon as we find some temporary fix I will let you know. Meantime I request you to be patience. We hope cooperation from you dear @brandee.

Cheers,
    Milan