The front page widgets and slideshow has disappeared after the website evaluation tool

Hello,

I got a mailer about the free website evaluation tool for performance SEO and other stuff. I tried to fix the performance issues.

But somehow the from page of my website Bandra.info has changed, the slider is deactivated automatically and the banner ads on the website have dissapeared.

Could you please advise further action?

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey exist2014,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

I saw that support access was granted already on your site so I had a look at your setup and noticed that you had all the files minified which caused this issue for you.

You should note that Minification can require some additional configuration in order to function properly as it depends on theme and plugins you have installed, so what you need to do is minify as many files as possible without breaking your site.

In your case excluding only jQuery from minification did the trick so you should be seeing your site loading properly again.

Let us know if you have any additional questions about this :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi exist2014,

When I disabled jQuery from minification it loaded slider and ads for me but now I see that each time I save changes it will load properly but after another refresh it will have issues.

I had another look at minification settings and excluded few more files from minification, it should be working fine now.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi exist2014,

Looks like your theme main CSS file doesn't handle minification well so I had to exclude that as well.

As mentioned before, themes and plugins can behave differently when minified so minification does require additional configuration and testing.
    If you encounter any similar issues it's best to start by disabling minification to confirm it's related to that.

Then you can activate it again and disable minification only for some files, for example in chunks of 10 files, to see which one is causing the issue.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi exist2014,

Minification tool is used to create smaller files, for example standard CSS code would usually be written like this:

.example {
     background: #fff;
    }

After minification the will look like this:
    .example {background: #fff}

When that is done to hundreds and thousands of lines in files it creates smaller files for browser to render and thus decrease your site's loading time.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.