[The Hub] Analytics results not showing in reports

Member is running a MultiSite installation hosted at WPMU DEV. Reports created for subsites in the Hub show 0 visits, which is different than what is shown on the site's dashboard.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Kevin,

I hope you're well today and thank you for reaching out to us.

I checked your site and reports and can see the issue there. I've set up some tests on my end (on my test multisite) to further investigate this so I'd appreciate a bit of patience. Please keep an eye on this ticket and I'll update you here again as soon as I'm done with my tests.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Kevin
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Ok thanks. I thought I had resolved the issue but it's still showing zero in my clients reports. This is very concerning for our clients as they are concerned that they are not getting visitors to their sites. Please expedite this issue. I think this issue would have been resolved before releasing this new update of analytics. Please let me know when I can expect this to be resolved. Thanks.

• Kevin

I've checked all client reports in the hub and the error is only happening on multisite tkinternetmarketing.com. All single site reports are working correctly. So it's an isolated issue with multisite. Before activating analytic reports within multisite I asked support if sub directory with domain mapping was supported and support said yes. The reason I asked was because of this blog article referring to multisite.

"What about analytics for my Multisite?
    This is pretty awesome. Each of your subsites can have their own report. Use a subdomain to set up a report that includes only the analytics for that site.

All of your clients have different needs. From networks to single sites, the Hub simplifies WordPress site management."

• Kevin

I'm also getting errors with SEO report showing zero on these sites as well which I think is a related issue. They were working fine before I activated the new analytics. Hope this info helps.
    imaginecounselingservices.com
    NORTHTEXASSURVEYING.COM
    TXCONCEALEDCARRY.COM
    1899FARMHOUSE.COM

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi Kevin

Thank you for additional information and for the patience.

I did some tests and the analytics data in reports is actually a matter of... report setup. I admit I missed that too (even though I shouldn't) as I didn't try it on sub-folder multisite with mapped domains before. I'm sorry about that.

The point is that when you're setting up a report for the sub-site that has the domain mapped, you need to put that mapped domain URL, not the original URL. For example, for the CWCC site it will be

https://cwccc.org

and not the domain.com/cwccc URL.

Additionally, the Blog ID field must also be filled in. You can see the ID in URL if you go to "Network Admin -> Sites" page and however over (or just click on it) on "Edit" link for the site in question.

Once it's configured like that the report contains the valid data. Please take a look in The Hub: I've set two test reports (they got "Test" in name so you'll easily identify them), one for the "vih" sub-site and one for the "cwccc" sub-site. The first one uses original url as it's for a sub-site without mapped domain and the second one uses the mapped domain URL. I got the reports for both and they are showing correct data.

Please feel free to remove these reports - I left them there for you to be able to check how they are configured but they are not necessary to be kept, especially that they're set to be delivered to my "test mail" account.

As for the checkup issue. Do you mean that reports are showing 0 while in site's back-end you do see proper results (just like with analytics) or it's also 0 in backend?

Best regards,
    Adam

• Kevin

I'm still receiving activity reports with no analytics/seo report on the following sites.

LGCPLUMBING.COM/ Incorrect Analytics Report
    SPINECAREDR.COM/ Incorrect Analytics Report
    JOHGRIEFSUPPORT.ORG/ Incorrect SEO and Analytics Report
    HUGAHEARTFOUNDATION.ORG Incorrect SEO and Analytics Report
    IMAGINECOUNSELINGSERVICES.COM Incorrect SEO and Analytics Report
    THURSTONDAVID.COM/ Incorrect SEO and Analytics Report
    BALISESALON.COM Incorrect Analytics Report
    CWCCC.ORG Incorrect Analytics Report
    HEARTS-FOR-ART.ORG Incorrect Analytics Report
    TXCONCEALEDCARRY.COM Incorrect SEO and Analytics Report
    1899FARMHOUSE.COM Incorrect SEO and Analytics Report
    REGINAMATTHEWS.COM Incorrect Analytics Report
    TEXASTERMITES.COM/ Incorrect Analytics Report
    ENLIGHTENANDENRICH.COM/ Incorrect Analytics Report
    NORTHTEXASSURVEYING.COM Incorrect SEO and Analytics Report
    TKINTERNETMARKETING.COM/VIH Incorrect SEO and Analytics Report
    tkinternetmarketing.com/ Incorrect SEO Report

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Kevin

It's seems I was unclear with my explanation, I'm sorry about this.

For the site's that do have no mapped domain at all:

1) the site URL must be the full "original" URL of the site (so, https://domain.com/subsite)
    2) the Blog ID must be set

For the site's that do have mapped domains:

1) the site URL must be the mapped domain url of the primary mapped domain (so https://mappeddomain.com)
    2) the blog ID must be set.

In both cases the blog ID is a number. I previously wrote that you'll see it when you hover over the "edit" link in "Network Admin -> Sites" but I didn't mention that you should be looking for the number there, I'm sorry about that. For example, for the cwccc.org site the Blog ID would be 16:

and here's a screenshot from the dashboard of that site along with a screenshot of a report that I receive with described settings:

Please note: you'd need to update all the sub-sites this way and also depending on when you make the change you might still get one more report for some of them with wrong data (if the report is being generated at the moment).

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Kevin

Ok. I updated the site ID's for the mapped domains and that helped.

Here are the remaining sites that still have 0 for their SEO report.

CWCCC.ORG No SEO
    JOHGRIEFSUPPORT.ORG/ NO SEO
    THURSTONDAVID.COM/ No SEO
    HUGAHEARTFOUNDATION.ORG No SEO
    IMAGINECOUNSELINGSERVICES.COM No SEO
    ENLIGHTENANDENRICH.COM/ No SEO
    TEXASTERMITES.COM/ No SEO or Analytics
    TXCONCEALEDCARRY.COM No SEO

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Kevin

I'm sorry for keeping you waiting.

I just want to make sure about one thing: the SEO score - you mentioned before that it was working fine before you enabled new Analytics. Would you tell me please when (more or less) you did it? I was running some tests on my own setup and it doesn't seem that analytics being enabled or not is affecting that for me there. I'm wondering though about the time as we were experiencing some issues recently on our end.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Kevin

This happened after you released the new analytics in reports. I'm still having issues with multiple sites showing zero for SEO which is incorrect. Still clients rely on this report to provide accurate results. I have about 10-15 reports that were incorrect and automatically sent out to clients today. Please let me know if this can be resolved so I determine an alternate solution for clients reports if needed. Thank you.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Kevin

I'm sorry for keeping you waiting. I had to run some additional tests but in the end I needed to ask our developers for consultation so I've reported the case to them and am awaiting for more information from them. Their response time might be a bit longer than the regular response on support forum as they are dealing with various complex issues on daily basis but we'll update you here as soon as we get to know more from them.

I should have let you know about it earlier, I'm sorry for this. We'll update you here (either me or one of my colleagues) right away when we only get feedback from our devs.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.